At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The Compliance and Operational Risk (C&OR) Specialist is responsible for ensuring the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance and operational risks in Global Markets Operations in alignment with the global compliance and operational policies and the program.
Proactively engage with other C&OR officers, including horizontal coverage owners and Enterprise Areas of Coverage, to provide comprehensive oversight of the business’ respective operations and activities.
Preparing materials for C&OR regulatory exams/audits/inquiries and provides consultation to business leaders in preparation for regulatory exams/audits/inquiries.
This role reports to the Head of Compliance and Operational Risk for Global Technology and Global Operations in APAC, and works inside, and is part of, the critical compliance and operational risk function.
The focus of this role is to provide risk management coverage of Global Markets Operations, participate in the development of compliance and operational risk procedures, assist in management routines, reporting, assist in resolving compliance and operational issues and provide training and education.
- Develops and maintains C&OR-owned policies and standards and/or provides oversight of business-owned policies, standards and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational risk requirements are appropriately addressed, inclusive of conduct risk as applicable
- Monitors the regulatory environment to identify regulatory changes applicable to areas of coverage, advises business leaders on those changes, directs the appropriate areas to implement or amend policies, standards, procedures and/or processes to address regulatory requirements, and challenges the implementation plan as needed; maintains a comprehensive regulatory inventory
- Identifies, aggregates, reports, escalates, inspects and challenges remediation plans, and performs thematic analysis on business-owned issues and control enhancements
- Ensures C&OR “owned” issues and control enhancements are identified and addressed appropriately and timely
- Contributes to development of risk coverage plans, executes execution of monitoring, testing and risk assessments, communicates results to stakeholders
- Reviews and challenges contributions to the business process, risk, control inventory and Risk & Control Self-Assessments
- Reviews and challenges internal and external operational loss events, including development of remediation plans to strengthen controls, and approves where appropriate
- Participates in Scenario Analysis activities for coverage areas and challenges as appropriate
- Ensures metrics are designed to measure key risks and control performance, monitors and reports on metric performance and breach remediation
- A Compliance and Operational Risk professional with coverage responsibility for Operations would be ideal, or someone looking for a new challenge with direct Global Markets Operations experience
- Exposure to compliance or risk management frameworks, and regulatory background
- Understanding of Global Markets products and activities (FX, F&O, Margin & Collateral Management, Asset Services, Settlements and Clearing, Economic Sanctions etc)
- Working knowledge of regional exchange regulations, and / or client money requirements advantageous
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well in a team and also independently
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and focused on continuous learning and skill development
- Ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Learn more about this role