The Senior Business Control Specialist assists the development and execution of internal controls and operational excellence within Operations, with a focus in one of the following areas; Operational Risk Requirements, Governance and Reporting, and Operations and Controls. The Specialist acts as an ambassador of the risk culture, with an emphasis on a strong strategic approach to regulatory compliance that meets the needs, while also accommodating future growth.
- Lead the execution of internal control discipline and operational excellence within the line of business.
- Gather and organize data in order to monitor and test the effectiveness of key controls and status of mitigation and action plans.
- Execute line of business specific process and tools to drive adherence to enterprise-wide standards.
- Support the implementation of processes within the line of business through ongoing monitoring and testing of controls.
- Identify issues and/or control improvements for remediation, while leading the build-out of action plans and milestones.
- Serve as a point of contact and SME in partnering with Risk, Audit, Legal, Human Resources, line of business associates and regulators.
- Provides guidance and oversight of line of business training and enablement curriculum in support of operational excellence.
- Prepare documentation for the tracking, monitoring, and escalation of risk related issues to management.
- Process documentation and identification of operational control metrics, level of risk measurements and reporting.
- Develops QA/QC test scripts and measurement systems for existing and new controls.
- Leads risk reduction plans on non-performing controls.
- Prepares and facilitates local governance and reporting routines including: Operational Risk Forums and Control Dashboards.
- Leads the development and implementation of Policies, Standards and Practices.
- 3 to 5 years of risk management, compliance, operational controls and/or LOB experience.
- Ability to solve complex problems through root cause analysis, management by fact and collaboration across a wide population.
- Project management experience – participant or lead including Six Sigma, PMP and or Agile certification.
- Ability to make swift and sound decisions that demonstrate both strategic and tactical analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated leadership while managing operational risk to appropriate requirements and standards.
- Sound judgment.
- Ability to as act as a trusted advisor at all organizational levels, including ability to develop and deliver substantive presentations to executive leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and collaborate across the organization.
- Strong strategic thinking with ability to focus on end-to-end operational risk activities and their respective value.
- Understands and executes balance between growth, risk and profitability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong collaborative and facilitative skills, including relationship building skills.
- Ability to build consensus and skillfully influence throughout the organization.
- Microsoft Office Suite products, including but not limited to Visio, Excel, SharePoint and Project.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role