Responsible for the administration and monitoring of tax equity and debt project finance and multi-draw structured financings in the Renewable Energy Finance and Global Sustainable Finance portfolios. Such activities will include evaluating and processing project related consent requests; ensuring compliance with the terms of transaction agreements; periodic project performance and financial review; project performance forecasting; approving funding advances, construction draws, and collateral eligibility; and monitoring the credit profile of key transaction counterparties (e.g. Borrowers, Servicers, Project Sponsors and Off-takers).
A key element of the Portfolio Management role will be ongoing credit responsibility for a designated portfolio of tax equity, debt project and structured financings. It is expected that the Portfolio Manager will bring a heightened level of expertise and independent judgment to the management of those complex financings. Additionally, the Portfolio Manager will be familiar with and adhere to the transaction management and monitoring requirements outlined in Bank of America’s Credit Policy and guidelines. This will include the preparation of status reviews and risk rating scorecards, as well as troubled asset reports. The Portfolio Manager will provide timely responses to inquiries on the portfolio from senior credit and risk management team members.
In executing these duties, the Portfolio Manager will interact with Originators, Credit Underwriting, Risk Management, Engineering Support, Pricing, Legal and Contracts officers as needed. The Portfolio Manager will also have significant interaction with our clients in the context of routine administration and project/financial performance discussions, as well as to address any credit or technical issues that may develop with individual transactions or projects. These interactions may include the review and negotiation of potential transaction document modifications or transaction restructurings. It is also expected that the Portfolio Manager will serve as a mentor to more junior associates and assist or guide those associates in addressing more complex transaction situations.
This position can be filled as a Senior Portfolio Manager or Portfolio Manager II.
Undergraduate degree in finance or accounting; MBA preferred. Engineering, mathematics or other technical degrees will be considered with an MBA.
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
8 to 10 years or more experience in commercial banking or finance industry with significant credit, tax equity, and energy project finance experience. Exposure to renewable energy project finance would be a plus. Knowledge of energy-related industries is essential; familiarity with the renewable energy sector is a plus.
· Extensive experience in analysis and management of highly complex, project-oriented transactions (tax equity and debt), including problem solving. Demonstrated aptitude for reviewing, understanding and interpreting associated transaction documents and project contracts, as well as negotiating modifications and amendments to the same.
· Solid foundation in energy project finance; comfortable with project financial and operating performance analysis. Proficient project and financial modeling skills.
· Strong credit and risk analysis skills, including experience in commercial and large corporate credit analysis.
· Ability to work efficiently and productively on several transactions or tasks at one time.
· Ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients and partners. Experience mentoring junior associates.
· Clear and articulate oral and written communication skills.
· Computer skills; very comfortable with applications such as Word and Excel.
· Results oriented; is able to meet deadlines
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role