Job Title: Control Oversight/Permanent Control Specialist
Corporate Title: up to VP
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Based in the 8th arrondissement and within the Parisian Golden Triangle, our beautiful Art-Deco era office benefits from luxury modern workspaces, an abundance of natural light and is easily accessible by public transport.
Join a growing, developing and international team with very good working spirit. Our Paris based team has interactions with the Bank’s 3 lines of Defense teams. Work closely with other Paris based teammates and as well with other teams across the world. Exposure to the Senior Business Executive Team and C&OR Management. Various opportunities of learning & development thanks to a large scope covered by the function
We are currently seeking a forward thinking, highly motivated Risk professional to join our team in Paris as a Permanent Control Specialist. The Control Oversight team is a key function within the legal entity and is responsible for overseeing and ensuring an adequate internal control framework is in place and commensurate to the entity’s size, volume, activities, locations and nature/complexity of inherent risks. The scope of the role is front to back and covers all risk. You will have oversight over control activities and procedures across the 1st line of defense, as well as 2nd line monitoring and testing activity.
• Support preparation of the BofASE monthly Permanent Control Council
• Collect and follow-up on incidents/ op losses and assess their impact on the BofASE control environment
• Build associated control procedures/oversee performance of the controls
• Follow up of the SIAI and audit issues impacting BofASE control environment
• Ensure Legal entity process, risks and controls are updated on an annual basis and changes reflected in the ORCIT tool
• Execute monitoring, testing and other control oversight activities, or oversee the conduct of such activities in other areas through the year
• Participate in regulatory non-financial reporting
• Participate in the enterprise risk and control assessment when needed
• Promote the control awareness, training and advisory
What we are looking for:
• Consistent previous experience in the Banking and Markets area with deep knowledge of end-to-end activity in this business
• SME in one (or a combination) of: Risk, Operations, Middle Office, Finance, Audit, Technology, Controls
• Extensive Risk, Control or Audit experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills- able to present to senior partners in a clear and concise way
• Can deliver results in a high energy, dynamic environment and to tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills and reporting skills with attention to detail, and a positive attitude
• Excellent ability to interpret large volume of data and synthesize relevant information
• Fluent French and English speaker
*Please can applications be submitted in English.
Benefits of working at Bank of America:
• Competitive retirement plan in addition to State plans
• Mandatory Medical Plan provided by the bank as a top-up to Social Security health benefits for you and your family.
• Employees and family members can receive free health advice 24/7 through a range of English and French speaking medical providers
• Life and disability insurance
• Time Savings Account (‘CET’) to save some of your leave days, cash them out or use them later
• Reimbursement of 50% of your commuter pass
• Nursery scheme for children under age 3
• Works council benefits
• Access to an Employee Assistance Programme for confidential support and help for everyday matters
• Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering with local charities
• Opportunity to receive free entry to arts exhibitions sponsored by Bank of America in Paris
Bank of America:
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role