At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Information Security & Technology professional with 10+ years’ experience
- 5+ years of risk management experience with proven ability to effectively apply risk principles to challenging business situations
- Subject matter expertise in application security, vulnerability testing and development of risk appetite
- Experience evaluating cyber security controls and providing guidance for platform or distributed computing platforms (Cloud, PaaS)
- Experience with information security for No SQL, Big Data, and unstructured data stores (Cassandra, Hadoop, and /or Teradata)
- Knowledge in Windows, Midrange and Mainframe Platforms with emphasis on security and access controls.
- Exceptional executive presentation and communication skills
- Excellent influencing and problem resolution skills
- Ability to be comfortable delivering messages across a wide spectrum of individuals having varying degrees of technical understanding
- Strong leadership skills and qualities which enable you to work with peers and various levels of management
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
What you can expect
The Senior Business Information Security Officer will be a member of the Business Information Security Officer's (BISO) organization and work closely with the line of business Chief Information Officers (CIOs) / Chief Technology Officers (CTOs). In this role, you will be supporting a group/team to develop a deep understanding of the business in order to have specialized information security risk-based discussions. This relationship will ensure a focus on the right risk priorities. You will also provide guidance on information security topics, policies, and controls.
What you will do
Scale / Scope
- Possess strong / experienced application development and/or application security background; with solid knowledge of SDLC from design, testing, deployment to post-production and the different risk elements associated with each step.
- Serves as an Information Security subject matter expert and participates in the development, implementation, and maintenance of information security for the line of business (LOB)
- Provides guidance and advocacy regarding the prioritization of LOB investments that impact information security
- Advises LOB management on risk issues related to information security and recommends actions in support of the bank's wider risk management and compliance programs
- Monitors information security trends internal and external to the bank and keeps LOB leadership informed about information security-related issues
- Manages quality control and reporting
- Ensures compliance with policies and laws
- Drives GIS/LOB risk deliverables
- Collaborates with risk partners on info security critical priorities
- Participates in senior LOB specific Risk Management & Business Continuity Routines
- Identifies and measures global information security (GIS) controls on most critical business processes or channels
Leadership / Strategy
- Has a deep understanding of security for computing platforms (PaaS)
- Has a solid grasp of security in big data and other instructed large data structures
- Ability to build strong Partner relationships with peer technology groups and supported LOB
- Supports the triage process with the client and helps them understand the GIS support structure
- Drives required risk culture and partnership with peer technology teams and supported LOB
- Participates in key CIO operating routines to drive information security risk strategy
Learn more about this role