At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Participates in planning of white space allocation to include power and cooling needs.
- Document all power and space schematics and ensure accuracy in same.
- Create/update/maintain rack elevation within a Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) application (Nlyte).
- Coordinate with vendors and internal project teams to ensure effective completion of all hardware installation.
- Monitor all issues and escalate issues to appropriate department to ensure effective resolution.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor.
- Accepts delivery of Equipment from staging.
- Perform quarterly quality assurance checks of tracked IT hardware
- Keep data center organized and clean and always maintain a professional appearance.
- Actively promote and comply with Data Center Operations work rules standards. Ensuring that procedures are followed.
- May be required to work some weekends and participate in a rotational on call schedule.
- This will be a second shift position working from 3:00pm-11:00pm Monday through Friday with the potential to work on weekends.
- This is position does require being onsite and does not have a working from home option due to the nature of the work.
- Knowledge and understanding of data center facility operations and IT environments.
- Familiar with NEMA and IEC power connectors.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure (urgent problems, deadlines, changing priorities).
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Familiar with server and network hardware.
- Basic understanding of server operations and requirements.
- Basic understanding of IT equipment electrical requirements.
- Microsoft Office suite. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Ability to climb ladders and work aloft.
- Ability to work in cold and hot temperature environments.
- Ability to maneuver pallet jacks and lift heavy objects.
- Provide data center escort to IT vendors without badges.
- 5 years' experience in a data center environment.
- Understanding of Data Center Design and Operations.
- Proven communications skills
2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role