Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
* BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
Global Markets Business Finance & Control (BF&C) is a division of Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Finance responsible for the production and independent validation of Global Markets' profit and loss and balance sheet. In this regard, BF&C will ensure, inter alia, that accounting policies are correctly and consistently applied, and that trading portfolios are appropriately valued.
The team prepares and reports P&L and balance sheet to the business and ensures the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger. We are responsible for daily service delivery and ensuring effective controls, transparent management information and becoming a center of excellence delivering process simplification and efficiencies. We work closely with front office, middle office, traders and valuation control teams to drive the control agenda across the business
Global Markets Business Finance & Control (BF&C) seeks to provide a support service with particular focus on the relationship between trading risk positions and P&L components. We are looking to recruit an individual to work in the P&L production area covering the Global Credit Trading desks. The candidate’s main responsibility will be to produce and deliver the daily P&L to front office, providing a high standard of analysis and explanation around any issues faced and daily revenue drivers. The candidate will therefore have considerable interaction with the respective Front Office, Middle Office, and Finance and Trade Capture teams so good communication and time management skills are an essential requirement for this job.
Primary products covered will include: Bonds, CDS, ETFs and Loans
• Production and reporting of daily P&L to Front Office & Senior Management
• Reconcile actual P&L with trader estimates and provide flash/actual variance analysis
• Working closely with the trading desks on position, P&L or other issues on an ad-hoc basis
• Front-to-Back analysis & reconciliations of front office PnL and balance sheet to firm sub-ledgers
• Assist with execution of month-end controls ensuring management vs financial P&L variances are within thresholds
• Analyze traders’ risk positions and understand and apply the Greeks (Delta, Vega Gamma) vs daily market moves
• Would be typical own set of books / cost center and Business Units
• Liaise with various business partners such as Technology, Market Risk, Credit Risk, Operations and Finance to resolve issues / queries
• Development & continuous improvement of existing processes & workflow
• Testing / UAT for systems work ranging from minor system releases to major system implementations
• Remediation of issues in an autonomous yet timely manner considering the principles of control and the need to mitigate operational risk
Qualified Chartered Accountant/CPA /CFA / MBA from Tier I/II institute with at least 3+ yrs. experience or Graduate in Commerce with 6+ years of relevant experience in Product Control or Global Markets environment and organization of similar scale with US GAAP, IFRS, IAS reporting framework with an interest and aptitude for derivative products
Certifications If Any
• CFA / FRM certified candidates would be preferred
• Advanced education and/or enhanced technical qualifications are a plus
• Ability to use Access or VBA would enhance the candidate’s attractiveness significantly
3 to 8 years with at least 3+ years’ experience in Global Markets Product Control role
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite; expert knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint. Knowledge of Visual Basic, Access databases and macros will be an added advantage.
• The right individual will have strong people skills and can multi-task to manage the challenges of Finance processes yet have the awareness to escalate potential issues to their supervisor in a timely manner
• Candidate must have a proven track record of communicating effectively with personnel from various areas within an organization and at different management levels
• Must be proactive and be a highly-motivated self-starter. Reactive and/or passive individuals need not apply
• Alteryx / Python / Tableau knowledge would be an added advantage
• Must be proactive and be a highly-motivated self-starter
• Effective communication skills with English proficiency
• Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure environment
• Takes initiative and challenges existing processes and procedures in a proactive manner
• Strong team player
• Ability to analyze issues independently and derive solutions
• Analytical skills
• Inherent sense of principles of control through experience and sound judgment
10:30 AM IST to 11:30 PM IST (9 hours between this window)
Learn more about this role