- Undergraduate degree with quantitative focus / prefer finance, accounting or engineering major
- Relevant experience of 1 -2 years in Money Market / FX activities is preferable
- Experience in Balance Sheet and Liquidity Risk management would be added advantage
- Good working knowledge of money markets, foreign exchange, bond and swap markets combined with a thorough understanding of local regulation
- Good presentation skills (verbal as well as written) – Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (in English), verbally and in writing, at all levels within the organization
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of constituents including seasoned teammates, upper management and disparate business partners.
- Strong Excel skills / Word and Powerpoint proficiency are a must
- Programming experience will be an added advantage
- Ability to deliver a difficult message while maintaining close working relationships.
Beneficial skills / traits
- Creative problem solving skills and orientation
- A genuine interest in financial markets / a drive to “win”
What you can expect
Strategic Asset and Liability Management (SALM) is one of the key areas within Corporate Treasury. SALM employees interact daily with internal and external constituents including front line units (FLUs), other Corporate Treasury functions such as Global Liquidity Management (GLM), Corporate Treasury Finance, Balance Sheet Management (BSM) and Enterprise Capital Management (ECM), internal control partners, regulators, market participants and investors. The mission of SALM is to ensure Bank of America Corporation and all its subsidiaries are sufficiently funded at all times. The team utilizes its global presence to provide efficient funding strategies across the enterprise in the most cost effective manner, while managing the risks associated with those strategies.
The SALM team manages enterprise liquidity and ensures that funding is maintained at levels sufficient to operate in normal and stressed scenarios. The team is tasked to forecast Sources and Uses of funds across a variety of entities and currencies, taking into account business input, the Corporation’s risk appetite and projected market conditions in order to effectively manage the Corporation’s key cash and liquidity positions. Implementation of our funding and hedging strategies necessitates flawlessly executing transactions with internal and external counterparties in accordance with liquidity and capital constraints, internal guidelines, legal limitations and regulatory directives.
A successful career in Corporate Treasury requires one to think critically about the many challenges facing our company and industry with an emphasis on attention to detail, teamwork and strong communication skills. The Treasury group provides an opportunity to gain broad knowledge about the company and its many businesses as well as the global markets in which we transact. An associate’s day to day experience will be varied and challenging, allowing for extension of skills within various disciplines, such as market analysis, short-term money market execution and real-time liquidity risk management.
What you will do
- Funding execution
- As per SALM policies and procedures, manage funding for designated legal entities in coordination with global partners
- Execution of trades (FX, Money Market & Securities) for Treasury needs
- Provide liquidity risk counsel and pricing consultation to lines of business (LOBs)
- Manage Local (IDR) and Foreign currency (USD) balance sheet
- Provide daily rate setting as and when required
- Funding forecasting
- In concert with local and enterprise partners, analyze business plans and forward balance sheet for designated legal entities and develop an appropriate funding plan
- Work with business partners to develop an understanding of future business flows and risks
- Work closely with international peers to coordinate flows and promote efficiency
- Investigate and correct forecast misses in order to minimize future variance
- Manage liquidity and applicable ratios e.g. LCR / NSFR
- Balance various factors when sourcing funding including stability, price, and accessibility in changing conditions
- Risk management
- Manage interest rate and liquidity gap risks within established metrics consistent with the company’s risk appetite
- Hedge interest rate and foreign exchange exposures where necessary per policy
- Be a subject matter expert and consult with LOB’s on liquidity risk drivers and constraints
- Manage excess liquidity; adhere to statutory and operational requirements to achieve maximum efficiency
- Understand inter-linkages and implications of local regulations especially relating to cross- border funding
- Balance sheet governance
- Monitor changes in assets and liabilities and understand causation
- Work with FTP group to ensure that practices and methodologies drive desired behavior
- Ensure a robust control environment is maintained through compliance with all laws, regulations, policies, procedures and directives.
- Participate in technology enhancement projects
- Understand, participate and contribute actively to Operational Excellence initiatives
- Perform extensive ad-hoc financial analysis related to funding risks and opportunities
- Respond to spontaneous information/reporting requests both internally and from regulators
- Compliance with relevant local and applicable international regulations including Dodd Frank / Volcker rule
- Treasury back-up at local LMT / ALCO
- Daily Benchmark IDR JIBOR submission (if applicable)
About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Learn more about this role