Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
*Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
Experienced equipment manager responsible for residual value analysis & projections, collateral valuations, inventory management and asset remarketing. The incumbent will work closely with multiple internal departments and vendor partners while employing a “cradle to grave” equipment management approach in support of Global Leasing’s Global Vendor Finance (“GVF”) business.
- Oversee all GVF EMG functions related to assigned vendor programs.
- Responsibilities include setting residuals for vendor programs and new transactions, collateral valuations for migrating credits and remarketing responsibilities for tax leases.
- Maximize residual income while negotiating renewals and sales of terminating assets.
- Evaluate new equipment target markets and vendors. Provide support for new investment opportunities including portfolio acquisitions.
- Assist Credit, Legal, Transaction Management, Operations and Documentation, Program Management and Senior Management in structuring transactions to ensure that GVF is protected in all situations contemplated in the financing. Construct documents and provide specific terms and conditions designed to protect GVF’s investment.
- Work closely with Program Managers to build strong relationships with vendor partners.
- Participate in the annual portfolio ASC residual impairment review.
- Reinforce and enhance residual policies, controls and analytical approaches to support Global Leasing’s equipment and risk management objectives.
- Maintain databases, resource/reference materials and a library of equipment knowledge.
- Build and maintain a strong network of external appraisers, advisors and remarketers. Must have deep familiarity with collateral and equipment specifications associated with general industries related equipment.
Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting, Finance, Economics (or other Business concentration), or Math or Engineering. Membership in and training from the American Society of Appraisers preferred.
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
Minimum five to seven years of experience in an equipment management role, preferably within the equipment leasing industry. A strong background in valuation, analysis and remarketing of a broad range of equipment types is preferred. Extensive experience with transportation assets is beneficial.
- In-depth knowledge of equipment management - particularly in transportation and capital equipment markets
- Advanced written communication skills and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, control/planning and creativity
- Strong IT acumen; advanced technology and reporting skills and proficiency with MS Office applications
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Ability and willingness to collaborate amongst team members and business partners
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Travel – 10%
- Chicago, IL
- San Francisco, CA
- San Diego, CA
- Providence, RI
- Troy, MI
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role