The Bank of America Infrastructure Operations team is seeking a highly technical Linux System Administrator who will be responsible for the Security, Stability and Performance of the plant.
The Linux System Administrator will deliver operating excellence within the Linux Operations team through cultural, organizational and technology evolution in support of the Event Management and Service Request Management functions. The individual will maintain strong operating controls and strict adherence to security and risk management routines through collaboration and partnership with peer and supporting teams. The individual will build on and develop the team’s skillsets in close partnership with Engineering teams to define and deliver Operational requirements.
- Support/Manage Redhat Enterprise Linux(RHEL) operating system on VM or x86 hardware
- Support/Manage Unix Solaris on Sparc or AIX on pSeries
- Provide technical assistance/solutions to a wide range of events and user requests through an established ticketing system
- Configure/Maintain Linux/Unix servers, processes, system health monitoring to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security
- Interface and partner with Vendors, Network Engineers, Storage Engineers, Database Administrators and Application Teams to optimize systems use and configuration
- Communication via email / phone with vendor(s), creation of customer support cases, etc related to issues/bugs identified as required
- Remediate Linux server and OS issues. Independently utilize all available resources (knowledge bases, online resources, etc.) to ensure timely resolution
- 4 -6 + years of Red hat Linux, AIX and Solaris
- Experience with IBM/HP or Dell x86 hardware
- Experience with IBM pSeries and/or Oracle/Sun Sparc systems
- Experience in Scripting Shell, BASH, Perl, YAML or Ansible
- Experience with VMware ESX
- Storage management: Infoscale/Veritas, VMWare, LVM, EMC and IBM
- Cluster experience with Red Hat, Veritas Cluster (VCS), Oracle RAC
- Working knowledge of AD authentication, Kerberos, Vintella(QAS) and PowerBroker or similar products.
- Experience with PXE boot configuration and troubleshooting network connectivity issue around VLANs, Subnets, and firewall.
- Experience diagnosing and troubleshooting problems in bare metal or virtual/cloud environments
- Experience in SAN/NAS configuration and migration
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of BMC Remedy
- GPFS cluster configurations experience
- Red Hat Linux Technology Certifications
- Advanced understanding of Networking
- ITIL Experience (Service Delivery, Service Management)
- Ability to remain calm and objective in a high-pressure environment. Must have strong self-management and be ready to use own initiative
- Must be a team player and collaborator
- Knowledge of the virtual environments: VMware or IBM WPARs, Solaris local zones.
- Experience in customer support in a time-critical environment
- Experience in a heavily controls-focused environment highly desirable.
- Experience in a financial services environment highly desirable
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role