Bank of America Global Leasing is the largest U.S. equipment financing company, serving over 65,000 clients worldwide. We have $69 billion in total assets, and have a significant global presence, with nearly 1,000 associates. Together with our affiliated companies*, we provide equipment financing solutions to small businesses, middle-market and large corporations, offering product expertise in government financing and wholesale vendor financing, as well as tailored programs specific to industry segments, including aviation, healthcare, energy services and renewable energy.
*Certain products are offered through Banc of America Public Capital Corp, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bank of America N.A.
Experienced asset manager responsible for marketing and selling a variety of equipment types in an assortment of industries. The incumbent will work closely with management and other Equipment Management Group (“EMG”) teams to prioritize equipment marketing and sales to maximize gains on sale. The position will be responsible for conducting inspections and appraisals for existing portfolio transactions and participating in the annual portfolio ASC impairment review.
- Support the America’s businesses ensuring EMG policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- This position requires knowledge and experience of a wide range of equipment markets, over multiple jurisdictions and regulatory environments.
- Manage the process of marketing and selling various types of repossessed and returned off-lease equipment. Maximize gains on sale through strong negotiations with end users, equipment dealers and brokers.
- Evaluate current market conditions and prices for off-lease equipment based on research and analysis of the used equipment market.
- Work with approved vendors to facilitate equipment inspections and storage of off-lease assets. Assess equipment condition based on vendor inspections. Understand the Maintenance and Return language from the lease agreement and apply the knowledge to the equipment being returned.
- Build ongoing relationships with current Global Leasing lessees.
- Maintain databases, resource/reference materials and a library of equipment brokers, dealers and buyers for various types of equipment and build ongoing relationships with market leaders.
- Provide support for Special Asset Group (“SAG”) workouts and collections through repossessions and sales of equipment while complying with instructions from legal counsel.
- Evaluate new target markets and provide responsive support for analyzing, winning and managing new equipment sales opportunities.
Bachelor’s Degree - Accounting, Finance, Economics (or other Business concentration), or Math or Engineering. Membership in and training from the American Society of Appraisers preferred.
Preferred Prior Work Experience:
Minimum five to seven years of experience in an equipment management role is required. A strong preference for a background in marketing and selling rail, marine and transportation assets, among other equipment types.
- In-depth knowledge of equipment management, working on large, complex transactions
- Customer/Client Industry Knowledge
- A strong collaborative ethic, combined with an ability to work effectively with others in order to achieve team goals
- Deductive reasoning ability, exceptional marketing and sales skills
- Advanced communication, marketing and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, control/planning and creativity
- Previous experience in rail, marine and transportation assets is beneficial
- Ability to influence others and work precisely, while managing changing priorities
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Travel – 25%
- Chicago, Providence, Boston, San Francisco, San Diego, Troy, Tucker
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role