Senior Service Designer for Global Banking,
Bank of America Experience Design
At Bank of America, we’re guided by a common purpose: to help make financial lives better by connecting clients and communities to the resources they need to be successful. Bank of America’s Experience Design team includes service designs, product designers, visual designers, researchers, strategic designers, design program managers, content strategists, design technologists and other creative professionals. The team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to find ways our digital platforms can empower customers to reach their financial goals in more customized, intuitive, innovative, engaging, secure, and time-saving ways.
Additionally, we are investing heavily in transformational programs that empower the bank’s commercial clients to do business with the bank “whenever, wherever and however” they want; as well as advance banker efficiency through automation, simplification and scale. Leveraging human-centered design, seamless omni-channel experiences and data-driven insights powered by Artificial Intelligence (AI), Global Banking Digital is helping shape the future of commercial banking.
As a Senior Service Designer, you will
- Create seamless, human-centered, omni-channel service experiences for business clients and bankers with consideration for the entire end-to-end journey..
- Deliver through industry best practices; ideation workshops, consumer journey mapping, service blueprinting and an experience roadmap that align to insights associated with client/banker user pain-points and opportunities based on a variety of human-centered design methods and frameworks;
- Develop and evolve an experience map that identify near term opportunities that align with far-term strategic investigations and deliverables across digital and bank employee channels to enable incremental delivery of transaction and value based service across long term journeys and life cycles;
- Work with teams to deliver primary user research, analyze internal feedback mechanisms and analytics, as well as leverage insights from desk research to infuse empathy and creativity in, strategies, ideate, envision and iterate upon design concepts that realize ROI while elevating client experiences; in collaboration with our business and technology teams to deliver a viable and feasible experiences;
- Contribute to the formal development of the service design practice creating the tools, methodologies and inspire innovative approaches and techniques..
You are a person who
- Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and an intense focus on achieving results
- Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
- Is exceptional at problem-solving, issue resolution, and time management.
- Demonstrates strong listening, communication, and presentation skills.
- Is a continuous learner who adapts quickly and positively to change.
- Commits to delivery dates and delivers on time
- Embraces the opportunity to work in an office while collaborating with teammates and partners in other locations.
- Is available to travel occasionally
You are a person has (required skills)
- 5+ years of well-rounded design experience with an outstanding portfolio that exemplifies excellence
- A strong portfolio demonstrating service design projects with methodologies and processes based in design research and human centered design strategies, systems thinking, insight driven synthesis, with compelling storytelling, conceptualization and visualization, presentations and prototypes that compelling communicate these strategies to stakeholders.
- Collaborate with a team of designers in creating visions, concepts, and selling partners on the great work the UX organization does.
- Work with the team leadership and the tech team to ensure timely delivery and alignment with product strategy.
- Work co-located with other designers and partners. (Not remote, post COVID.)
You will be better prepared if you have (desired skills)
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in design or related discipline
- Mastery of design thinking, service design and human-centered design methodologies and tools, as well as command of various rapid ideation processes such as Lean XD and Design Sprints, etc.
We are a culture that
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance their careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role