At Bank of America, we handle the finances of over 67 million client relationships every day, including helping them save, borrow and invest for today and for their future. We stand by our clients each and every day giving them the power to realize their personal financial goals and help make their financial lives better. If you join our team, we’ll count on you to care for, advise and guide our clients when they need us most – whether they’re just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning for retirement.
We’re looking for the next generation of Relationship Manager & Lending Specialists (RMLSs) – those with a passion for growing a long-term career, building relationships and working with a team of client professionals in one of over 4,000 locations nationwide. RMLSs focus on deepening relationships with individual and small business customers/clients, and they accomplish this by identifying financial needs, offering appropriate solutions and connecting clients with specialists. RMLSs will also have the capability to originate home equity lines of credit (HELOC). As part of the Bank of America team, RMLSs have access to industry-leading solutions and a team of dedicated product specialists – all designed to meet the unique life priorities of our clients, for example, managing expenses, building wealth, managing debt, buying a home, saving for college and planning for unexpected life events. They report to the Market Leader and partner closely with the Financial Center Manager to ensure adherence to operational compliance policies and procedures.
From day one, you’ll receive training from our award-winning Academy at Bank of America, including hands-on practice, personalized coaching and dedicated support throughout your on-boarding experience. With demonstrated success, you’ll have the opportunity to advance into leadership roles such as a financial center or market manager, or client professional roles such as a financial advisor or within small business or lending– with unlimited opportunity to grow throughout the company. The Academy will support you with dedicated programs, tools and resources throughout your career journey.
This position is subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. Since this position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process if you are selected for this role. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.
We’ll help you
• Build a successful career at Bank of America through world-class training and on-boarding programs that set you up for success.
• Grow in your current role through one-on-one coaching from Academy managers who are invested in your success and training programs that help you excel, build new skills or take on additional responsibility.
• Continuously learn and advance your career goals through intentional career paths to the next best role.
• Use resources and innovative technologies to optimize the client experience.
• Confidently build relationships with clients by using a defined consultative questioning approach that will help you gain in-depth knowledge of clients’ financial life priorities and connect them to our solutions that meet their financial goals.
• Provide clients with a personalized rewarding experience by executing a variety of defined client engagement strategies through relationship calling, in-person conversations and referrals to specialists.
• Grow your business knowledge and network by partnering with experts in small business, lending and investments.
As a Relationship Manager & Lending Specialist, you can look forward to
• Ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and optimize your expertise as the industry evolves and changes.
• Resources and dedicated support to help you reach your full potential throughout your career.
• A benefits programs designed to meet the diverse needs of our employees at every stage of their life and help them plan for tomorrow.
• Progressive workplace practices and initiatives that promote inclusion.
We’re a culture that
• Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to supporting the communities we serve.
• Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help people achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
• Believes diversity makes us stronger, so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients and customers around the world.
• Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
• Has a minimum of one year demonstrated sales experience in a relationship-oriented and client-centric environment. In lieu of this requirement, has previously held the role of Relationship Manager (RM) or Advisor Development Program (ADP) RM at Bank of America for a minimum of six months.
• Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the client.
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
• Is confident in identifying solutions for new and existing clients based on their needs.
• Is comfortable in your ability to actively contact clients by phone.
• Communicates effectively and confidently, and is comfortable engaging all clients.
• Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
• Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients’ needs.
• Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Efficiently manages your time and capacity.
• Is a commissioned notary or can successfully obtain a notary commission in the state you work within four months of start date in role (six months for employees with a work location of NV, eight months for employees with a work location of CA, NY or PA).
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
• Must pass applicable background checks.
• Working knowledge as a sales representative of credit and lending solutions.
• Retail and/or sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment.
• Experience working in an environment with individual and/or team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
• Experience with financial information, spreadsheets and financial skills.
• An associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role