The Mainframe Server Hardware Planner is responsible for installation of new mainframe servers, maintaining Microcode Change Levels (MCLs) and coordinating/tracking mainframe server hardware break/fix activities.
- Works with mainframe infrastructure teams and IBM to identify configuration requirements, determine installation timelines, identify data center cabling requirements and facilitate implementation of server refreshes.
- Researches available MCL levels working with mainframe teams and IBM to identify and plan next levels for deployment.
- Tracks all mainframe server hardware issues and facilitates breakfix activities.
- Coordinates all mainframe hardware activities with various teams including Mainframe Services, Hardware Technical Support, Product Management, IBM, Command Center Operations, Data Center Infrastructure Recovery (DCIR), and Data Center Strategic Planning teams.
- 3 years of experience supporting System z hardware or software technology.
- Experience working with IBM hardware configurations, MCL maintenance, I/O gens and mainframe server installations
- Basic understanding of z/OS, CICS, DB2, IMS or MQ
- Be able to demonstrate working knowledge of System z technologies.
- Experience leading large complex mainframe projects.
- Proficient in MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
- Excellent verbal and written communication Skills
- Ability to work closely with technicians from various infrastructure teams
- Ability to work in a 24x7 on call support environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Core Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.
LOB Job Profile:
Participates in design, development and implementation of systems engineering activities, to include OS technical support, systems programming and data center capabilities. Responsible for components of complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities. Assists in establishment of input/output processes and working parameters for hardware compatibility and coordination of subsystems design and integration of total system. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource; provides tech knowledge and capabilities as team member and individual contributor. Will not have direct reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Provides input on staffing, budget and personnel. Typically 5 or more years of systems engineering experience.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role