Overview (Bank overview, GBS India overview, Function Overview)*
Bank of America is one of the world’s leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services.
We are committed to attracting and retaining top talent across the globe to ensure our continued success. Along with taking care of our customers, we want to be the best place for people to work and aim at creating a work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
We are a part of the Global Business Services which delivers technology and operations capabilities to all Bank of America lines of business (LOB) and enterprise functions.
Our employees help our customers and clients at every stage of their financial lives, helping them connect to what matters most. This purpose defines and unites us. Every day, we are focused on delivering value, convenience, expertise and innovation for individuals, businesses and institutional investors we serve worldwide.
BA Continuum is a nonbank subsidiary of Bank of America, part of Global Business Services in the bank.
The FAKC (Finance and Accounting Knowledge Center) was set up in 2007 as a part of the CFO Global Delivery strategy to provide offshore delivery to Line of Business and Enterprise Finance functions. The capabilities hosted include Accounts Payable, General Accounting, Reconciliations, Management Reporting & Analysis, Research & Analytics, Financial Transaction Processing, Finance Systems Support and Supply Chain Management.
Over the years, the scope of FAKC has been expanded to include operations for other enterprise control functions like Human Resources and Risk and Compliance.
(Provide a high level overview of the role and scope of responsibilities)
The Finance Change and Production Services (FCPS) team, is part of the Global Financial Control (GFC) organization within the CFO division. The team delivers finance projects and technology solutions for the Bank of America (BAC) enterprise and also supports Line of Business (LOB) projects that impact our core finance and general ledger applications. The role is part of the FCPS GL Solutions team which supports lines of business across the enterprise with small and medium sized projects, or portions of large, more complex projects impacting financial systems including general ledger, financial and regulatory reporting, tax, and reference data systems. Activities include engagement with relevant parties to understand impacts of upcoming changes to financial systems, collaboration to plan and execute testing, preparation for deployment and subsequent control activities. The role works closely with GL Solutions, GL Operations and Line of Business Operations and Project team members, Global Technology and Operations and CFO stakeholders.
• Execute change in accordance with BAC Enterprise Change Management policies and procedures
• Liaise with business partners/key stakeholders to gather business requirements and acceptance criteria
• Work closely with vendor and BAC technology partners to deliver solutions that meet requirements
• Develop and execute on GL-specific and finance system project deliverables
• Plan and execute testing, including functional, integration and user acceptance testing
• Deliver project scope on-time, on-budget and to quality standards
• Identify and escalate risks and issues
• Ensure readiness of end users impacted by technology changes
• Provide a smooth handoff of new solutions to operations teams, including Production Services.
• Carry out all activities related to testing – test scripts, test plans, test execution, identifying and logging defects, follow up for defect resolution
• Serves as a seasoned/proficient operational resource as well as providing strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
• Must be a self-motivator and a quick learner, able to work well under tight deadlines while maintaining high levels of accuracy
• Must be able to lead team (If needed)
• Proven ability to work with system tools in complex environments and good understanding of GL/AP & FA modules,
• Displays ease with communication with various business partners at all levels in a clear and concise manner
• Fair understanding of technical functionalities and ability to work with technology partners to resolve technical issues
• B.Com (Hons) or Pass+ good accounting background preferably with CA/CS/ICWA and PMP
Certifications If Any
• PMP certification
11 to 13 Years
• Strong Finance background, Commerce Graduate or Post Graduate
• 5 - 6 years operational accounting or finance experience, understanding of general ledger and financial reporting concepts
• 6-8 years of recent experience working on projects, change management or systems administration
• Exposure to SAP, Oracle or other ERP/general ledger systems and working knowledge of ERP solutions particularly with GL
• High attention to detail, analytical and good with numbers
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills, ability to build strong rapport with key stakeholders and constituents
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing, highly collaborative environment
• Advanced Excel and/or data manipulation skills
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products (particularly MS Excel/PPT)
• Excellent communications/presentation skills
• Ability to follow test scripts and execute test routines
• Good documentation skills to capture test results and report them to onshore process team
• Good analytical skills and ability identify/raise questions
• Good organization skills and attention to detail
• Graduate or Masters in Accounting or Finance with CA/CS/ICWA
• Experience with systems development lifecycle practices/methodologies, including Agile and Waterfall methods
• Other technical skills, including MS Access, SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, etc.
• PMP certification
• Ability to understand complex business processes and breakdown to process components
• Understanding of GL transaction posting and reconciliation
• Knowledge of HP Quality Center
• Good understanding of data analysis
Shift 12:30 PM to 9:30 PM or 11:30 AM to 8:30 PM
Learn more about this role