About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Chief Technology Organisation
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Background: Banking and Finance Production services team is part of Chief Technology Organization (CTO), responsible for supporting regulatory applications in APAC region. Our strategic value is to proactively manage issues and work towards enhancing application stability. Proficiency in Mandarin and in-depth knowledge of Oracle and Unix is must. We are really interested to hear from any candidate regardless of your background, if you are committed and excited to work in production support.
- Continually look for ways to improve system stability including monitoring opportunities, bug fixes, and application changes.
- Liaison with multiple teams in problem determination, communication and resolution.
- Must be able to handle multiple issues at a time and prioritize work.
- Provide tactical solution as part of the day to day support for urgent business issues.
- Manage business queries on regular basis
- Provide local vendor management, focusing on support.
- Ensure that support activities satisfy applicable local regulatory requirements.
- 6+ years, experience in technology domains support
- Fluency in Mandarin as this role will need to communicate with stakeholders based in China
- Experience of working on Sybase, MS SQL or Oracle database
- Understanding of Java, Net technologies on Windows, UNIX & Linux platforms and applications
- Proven experience in IT, with a supporting degree in Computing Sciences / Information Systems or related discipline
- Experienced in end to end technical support experience either in-house developed applications or with vendor
- Experience with supporting Finance / General ledger / Regulatory Reporting / VAT business
- Good understanding incident and change management processes
- Experience with vendor management
Learn more about this role