The Markets Application Production Services (MAPS) group is a global group responsible for the management of production systems across Global Markets Technology. The group works closely with the business and provides application support. The group closely interacts with the development and infrastructure teams to manage all changes to the production environment. MAPS has a strong focus on operational excellence and process improvement.
Supports Global Markets Trading functions. Performs analytical, technical, and administrative work in planning, installing, designing and supporting new and existing personal computer equipment and software under moderate supervision. Resolves more complex issues. Consults with end users to determine optimal configuration of equipment and applications. Installs new hardware, software, and maintains existing hardware. Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Should have increased awareness and exposure to basic technical principles, concepts and techniques. Typically 1-3 years of technology experience.
- Responsible for improving application stability and resiliency across the organization by reducing incident volumes.
- Responsible for reducing the volume of errors introduced into the environment via the Technical Change and Release Processes.
- Oversee the day to day activities within the Problem Management Processes.
- Responsible for owning and leading problems throughout their lifecycle per the Problem Management process.
- Responsible for assessment related to prioritization and escalation of problem records, support team engagement, and decision making during Root Cause Analysis and implementation of resolution activities.
- Provide training and guidance to new department team members to facilitate knowledge sharing and cross training
- Design initiatives for Problem Management tooling improvements and translate them into business requirements for the platform development team.
- Responsible for reviewing historical problems and root cause analysis to identify trends and opportunities for improvements across technology.
- Review and participate in the Daily Status Review ensuring appropriate root cause, business impact and next steps are documented following a Major Incident.
- Perform operational duties to comply with key controls for internal and/or external audit requests.
- Responsible for continuous improvement of the overall Problem Management process and communication.
- Responsible for producing, maintaining and distributing problem reports for critical business and IT services.
- 1+ years working experience in a similar role.
- Have experience in doing IT support in investment banking environment.
- Fluent English speaking, reading and writing skills.
- Proactive, has initiative, diligent and hardworking and willing to learn.
- A good team player but also able to work independently with strong problem solving skills and work well in matrix management environments.
- Good verbal and communication skills are necessary.
- Able to work with development and support teams across different regions.
- Proven background in facilitation of group meetings and conference calls.
- Data analytics in Excel including pivot tables
Technology Infrastructure Organization:
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role