Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals and businesses.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management specializes in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment and wealth management. We help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with a financial advisor committed to their needs — an advisor with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch and the banking convenience of Bank of America.
Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is part of Bank of America Corporation.
The Team Private Wealth Manager (TPWM) role is a specific functional role aligned to a Private Wealth Advisor (PWA) team for the purpose of concentrating on a targeted aspect of the Team’s business. The primary focus of the TPWA Investments & Financing role is to define your PWA team’s investment philosophy and process by clearly articulating different investment approaches and strategies that are implemented through a repeatable process that leverages the firm’s research, practice skills, capabilities and perspectives on the market.
• Understand all aspects of an optimal practice and complete the training and development needed to prepare for a successful career as a Private Wealth Advisor
• Define your team’s investment philosophy and repeatable investment process
• Establish investment discipline that focuses on a goals-based approach and implement through model portfolios and products available across the Merrill Lynch Platforms
• Understand clients’ goals and recommend investment solutions aligned to them.
• Remain knowledgeable on Merrill Lynch investment platforms & product offerings
• Select business platforms that are efficient and scalable to accompany a growing business
• Obtain relevant management designations (e.g., CIMA)
• Follow disciplined process to monitor and respond to external events
• Manage and monitor client portfolios by establishing portfolios using BofA Merrill Lynch Global Research and other approved outside sources that meet the stated needs of clients and reviewing portfolios for potential rebalancing quarterly
• Engage in regular discussions with clients throughout the year (particularly during more volatile periods and when life events may be occurring)
• Deliver on clients’ cash management, financing and lending strategies needs
• Ensure focus on risk strategy by aligning teams to fiduciary standards
• Establish and maintain relationship with the management team and inform them of any circumstances that require supervisory attention/review/approval per compliance guidelines and policies to help facilitate risk mitigation
• Complete required training, obtain industry licenses (Series 7 & 66), master assessments, maintain continuing education requirements and meet minimum performance standards
• Source prospective clients, capitalize on referrals and assess customer needs
• Deliver highly customized solutions and through collaboration deliver the full resources of Bank of America Merrill Lynch
This position may be subject to SAFE Act registration requirements. Pursuant to the SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the federal registry system and remain in good standing. If your position requires SAFE Act registration, you will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process. Failure to obtain and/or maintain SAFE Act registration may result in your immediate termination.
• Proven ability to assess needs of clients and recommend appropriate solutions/interventions
• Proven ability to apply analytical skills to business problems
• Proven ability to articulate approaches and concepts
• Proven ability to engage with and influence others
• Proven ability to work collaboratively on a team and with key partners
• Proven ability to listen and probe for clarity and understanding
• Ability to source clients through prospecting and networking
• Ability to work in an environment where the majority of your compensation is tied to your performance
• Effective communication skills (written and verbal)
• Goal and results oriented
• Strong follow-through skills
• Computer/technical literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
Ideal candidate will have:
• At minimum a Bachelors Degree
• Credentialed with CIMA, CFP or CFA Designation(s)
• Experience working in the Financial Services Industry
• Proficiency in using SalesForce / Client Relationship Manager Tool
• Strong understanding of the Private Wealth Advisor role
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role