About Bank of America:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
The Risk and Treasury Technology Systems Analyst / Business Analyst will work closely with the LOB leads on Regional and Global projects across Risk and Treasury to understand business requirements, business data, systems flows, feasibility and alternatives, current and target state gap analyses, test requirements and planning, hands on testing management review and help drive solutions and delivery in the regional team.
- Systems analysis to understand current state and impact analysis to determine optimal change paths to support evolving business requirements.
- Work with Risk and Treasury global technology partners to ensure consistency and long-term strategic convergence and 2-way connectivity.
- Work with senior management in Global Credit & Special Situation (GCSS) Market Risk Management Line of Business both regionally and globally to plan approach, propose solution, recommend action and provide leadership
- Perform problem assessment, resolution and documentation for new functional business requests.
- Understand and develop data requirements and assess appropriate sourcing and repositories arising from project requests, ensuring strategic consistency.
- Collaborate with team and business customers to ideate, capture and articulate feasibility and alternative solutions / recommendations in response to project requests from both the business and technology partners.
- Work with the LOB leads as needed during project planning to enrich delivery plans across the full project lifecycle from early stage feasibility and initiation through to testing, migration, data conversion and go-live planning.
- Perform impact analysis on recommended designs to ensure solution meets functional and performance requirements, and is convergent with the global technology strategic roadmap.
- Work with the Business users and key team members in the region and globally to build and document application/data flow and dependency SME across Risk systems in region to enhance change delivery capabilities for the APAC Risk and Treasury Technology team.
- Primary coverage is to support GCSS Market Risk Management team in Asia by providing regional technical solutions as well as working on plan for strategic development adoption with Market Risk Technology Team specializing in GCSS LOB. Technology solutions should be provided with adequate control and documentation to meet regional requirements where functional/data gaps are confirmed from global platform
- Providing technical knowledge and capabilities as a member of a project team or as an individual contributor, duties include assistance to GCSS Market Risk Management to do client and data analysis, generate ad hoc scenarios to improve effectiveness and efficiency in risk analysis (e.g. process simplification, new attributes for focused analytics) and investigate data discrepancies, new requests to create or enhance existing reports with new features or automated solutions
- Secondary coverage to support other LOBs Market Risk Management, including GRC, Exotics and Equities etc., in Asia
- 7+ years of hands on systems analysis and development experience of large-scale financial systems in technology change environments in a financial services organization
- 7+ years of business analysis experience in Regional Line of Business Development/ Production Support in risk management with skills in systems/data analytics
- Exceptional communication, problem solving, technical/business analysis and data analysis skills to drive recommended solutions and identify current to target gap spanning front-to-back enterprise-scale application architectures.
- Ability to engage well with business partners and stakeholders at all levels and across regions.
- Required technical skills: Python, Java, SQL, Excel/VBA, Linux, RESTful API
Learn more about this role