FDCO (Fixed-Income Core Operation) organization is seeking a qualified individual to support the trade-capture workflow for the Central Funding Desk (CFD) within Global CPM (Counterparty Portfolio Management), with a focus on Structured Notes and related hedge products. The CFD desk is responsible for the issuance and risk management of the bank’s Structured Notes portfolio.
Within CFD, the desk issues structured notes with exposure across multiple asset classes – Equities, Credit, FX, Rates, and Commodities. The role primarily consists of: assisting the business with trade bookings of derivative products across multiple trade capture systems, understanding trade capture risk and underlying drivers of PnL, enhancing current support infrastructure, and performing reconciliation between front-office risk systems and back-office sub-ledgers. The role works closely with multiple business partners, including Front Office, Market Risk, Technology, Finance, and Compliance.
The desired candidate should possess a working understanding of derivatives products. These would include Structured Notes, IR Swaps, Swaptions, Equity Futures etc., with focus on rates products. The candidate must have excellent MS Excel skills and must be an excellent written and verbal communicator. The role is fast-paced and often has simultaneous competing priorities and as such, the applicant must be able to properly prioritize their time and be comfortable in a fast-paced work environment. The role requires all trade issues to be monitored, escalated as necessary, and resolved in a timely and efficient manner. As a result, this role is an escalation point for the various Operations Teams, and external clients on transaction related issues. Cross training with team members supporting other products will be required for coverage purposes.
• Work in a fast-paced environment with direct communications with Trading Desk and Sales
• Monitor workflow in the primary trade capture system, as well as system of record
• Apply independent judgment and discretion when resolving trade discrepancies to ensure that the correct risk is always reflected in Front-Office Trading system and Back Office Risk Systems
• Based on product, system and proprietary knowledge, identify and resolve variations in risk in the primary trade capture system, e.g. booking errors leading to fee discrepancies.
• Primary point of contact for the Front Office, Operations, and Finance on topics relating to trade capture.
• Understand various idiosyncrasies and conventions of Structured Notes and their related hedges in order to provide SME (Subject-Matter Expert)-level support.
• Ensure internal risk positions are appropriately reflected to mitigate any risk to the firm’s capital
• Ensure initial trade bookings, trade amendments, allocations and novation occur in a timely manner to meet Transaction Reporting requirements
• Ensure trade bookings are compliant within existing regulatory frameworks such as Volcker CFTR, UMR, etc.
• Responsible for global connectivity and communication with counterparts across various Line-of-Business to ensure consistency and alignment to target Control Standards within Trade Control
• 1 - 3 years of experience in the trade control / fixed income operation space
• Solid understanding of basic financial concepts such as time value of money, interest rate, mark-to-market, and time series modeling.
• Excellent Excel reporting-related skills
• Detail-oriented to operation trade flow, data entry, and data reconciliation
• Ability to liaise across multiple functional teams to resolve issues
• Ability to operate autonomously without direct supervision
• Ability to quickly analyze and make decisions in the event of a problem
• Ability to quickly grasp new industry practices and create/document new processes
• Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks
• Macro/VBA Knowledge
• Experience in supporting rates, FX, and credit derivative trading
• Knowledge of financial processing systems and accounting
• Understanding of the “Best Practices” and front-to-back product flow to manage Operational Risk
• Relevant industry product knowledge
• Proactive thought leadership to identify and deliver process improvements and efficiencies
• Knowledge of industry regulatory frameworks such as Volcker Reporting and DTCC Real-Time Reporting
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
• Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
• Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
· Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
• Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role