Financial Services Representative
If you are passionate about developing strong relationships with clients and are interested in a career in investments consider joining Merrill Edge and be part of The Academy Program as a Financial Services Representative (FSR). The FSR is your first step towards a career in financial services, where you will focus on servicing and growing relationships with Merrill Edge clients, while guiding them to Bank of America solutions based on their needs and life priorities. With demonstrated success you will have the opportunity to advance in many roles within Merrill Edge, Bank of America, U.S. Trust and Merrill Lynch.
This is a high-touch phone-based role working with Merrill Edge investment clients – and at Bank of America and Merrill Edge, our clients are at the heart of everything we do. You will take inbound client calls to solve for both current and future account and financial needs. Your primary responsibility will be to act as a client advocate, answering detailed questions and, educating clients about additional value-added opportunities for their relationships by referring them to specialists across Bank of America and Merrill Edge. At Merrill Edge, you can experience the benefits of working for a 200-year old Fortune 100 company with an invigorating start-up feel. Started in 2010 as part of Bank of America and Merrill Lynch, Merrill Edge helps simplify clients’ financial lives by offering access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch and the convenience of Bank of America banking. Merrill Edge is made up of talented individuals who share a collective drive to succeed.
We’ll help you!
When you join the team, you’ll be immersed in a culture where growth and career advancement are a priority. Through The Academy Program, you are motivated and equipped to choose a career, rather than just a job.
Our program will enable you to:
- Develop the knowledge and skills you need to deliver world-class client care during two dedicated months of training
- Receive Direct Coaching and Support from Academy managers fully dedicated to your development
- Continuously learn and grow, with on-going career development support and opportunities for advancement including Specialized Trade, Advice Delivery, Sales and Relationship Management
As a Financial Services Representative, you can look forward to:
- Become a licensed registered representative able to trade stocks, bonds, and other investment instruments for clients ranging from casual investors to high net worth and active traders
- The opportunity to jumpstart your career in a well-compensated, highly collaborative environment
- Grow client relationships by understanding needs and presenting investment options and services offered throughout Merrill Edge, Merrill Lynch and Bank of America
- The potential for career advancement and mobility
- Robust marketing strategies to reach wider audiences with greater appeal
You’re a person that (required skills):
- Series 7 required and Series 66 (or 63/65) required.
- Client-focused with a passion for excellence and positive team attitude
- Highly self-motivated and goal-oriented to succeed in an intense performance-based environment
- Ability to identify clients’ needs and find proper solutions to meet those needs by referring sales opportunities to specialist and sales teams
- Excellent and effective communicator with an aptitude for sales and relationship management
- Have strong computer skills with ability to multitask in a fast-paced inbound contact center environment
- Eager to establish a long-term career in the financial services industry at a fast-growing company that rewards hard work and dedication
- Ambitious, disciplined, hardworking, resilient and willing to learn
You’ll be better prepared if you have (desired skills):
- 1-2 years of experience in a performance based environment and/or college degree preferred
- Possess leadership capabilities
We’re a culture that:
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to build and advance his/her careers. Along with taking care of our clients we want to be a great place for people to work, and we strive to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect to and meet the diverse needs of our clients around the world.
- Provides continuous training and developmental opportunities to help employees achieve their goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working. We always put our clients first to meet their evolving needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting communities around the world by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving they need to remain vibrant and vital.