*** Must be able to work 3rd shift hours/schedule (11:00pm - 7:30am - Scheduled to work weekends (work Sat/Sunday - Days off Tue/wed)***
Operations Specialists provide direction, effective communication and outstanding customer service for Employees in very stressful situations and maintain a professional composure at all times while gathering situational awareness of all life safety, criminal or otherwise impacting incidents to open concise engagement communications in the Corporate Security Incident Management System. Through this process, Operations Specialists engage Protective Services, Life Safety, Threat Management, GIS, FIG, local, state and federal law enforcement, Corporate Workplace, and other groups as required to mitigate and bring resolution to incidents reported to SOACC.
Key objectives for this position
Communication, Alarm Monitoring, and Emergency Response – 70%
- Represent Bank of America as the first point of contact for physical security events occurring throughout the enterprise footprint
- Engagement of appropriate support resources during technology issues or outages
- Liaison between SOACC and LOBs to provide assistance and timely resolution for routine issues
- Participate in investigations of physical security incidents and other incidents as directed, providing timely, thorough and accurate documentation appropriate for distribution to SOACC management
- Accurately obtain, analyze, and disseminate details of physical security incidents to ensure a6:30am-3pm appropriate engagement of additional parties on an as needed basis
- Document engagement reports pertaining to physical security incidents into an incident management system
- Electronically monitor and respond to security system alerts (access control, video, and alarms) used to protect the assets of the company.
- Dispatch and liaison between emergency services and bank or bank-contracted personnel on an as-needed basis
- Act as a central point of communication through emergency events
Compliance and Ongoing Development – 20%
- Meet all objectives of the Operations program operating within a stable workforce of engaged, cooperative, spirited and well coached team of professional employees
- Maintain compliance with LOB policies and procedures to include work schedules and timekeeping routines as directed by their managers
- Participate in ongoing training, cross training and career development activities
- Participate in additional projects or special assignments to ensure the continued success of the Bank of America team
Security System Administration - 10%
- Receive and process service calls for all security equipment throughout the organization.
- Add, remove, modify and manage access to monitored facilities in line with guidelines and expectations provided
- Add, remove, modify and manage system configurations, user profiles, and action plans for all security systems in the Corporate Security Operations Command Center
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Criminal Justice, an IT related field or equivalent work experience
- Must be highly organized and can handle several tasks concurrently and prioritize work appropriately.
- Ability to work in a team environment is essential.
- Rapidly analyze complex alarm and incident information from systems used by SOACC and maintain proficient operational knowledge of these systems as technology advances.
- Ability to work flexible shift schedules.
- Ability to accurately identify issues, implement effective resolutions and/or make recommendations and appropriately elevate to senior management.
- The Operations specialist must be flexible, energetic, and willing to take ownership for work performed and decisions made during the course of duty.
- High degree of professionalism with a service-minded attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Typing speed – 40 wpm or better
- Ability to execute on approved business strategies with appropriate management support
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able work 2nd shift hours/schedule
- 2-3 years of experience in a corporate security role, and a basic understanding of security system technologies (alarms, video, and access control).
- Proficiency in MASterMind Alarm Monitoring, RemoteLink, Compass, NICE and Crystal Report Writer software
- Demonstrated proficiency in digital video management, video systems, and intrusion detection
- Versed in Microsoft SharePoint site usage