Responsible for the analysis and monitoring of market risks taken within a specific product area. Additional responsibilities include analysis of model risk, analysis and reporting of market risk. The GMR Manager will primarily interface with the trading desk and other risk and support groups (i.e. Compliance, Finance, Operations, etc.). People in this job code will report to the GMR Senior Manager. Incumbents typically have over seven years of experience in market risk management or trading. Product knowledge and trading or quantitative skills are necessary.
* The Market Risk Analyst position requires a thorough understanding of the Equity markets and sales and trading business in order to provide risk management oversight and analysis on the trading risks of the portfolio, business and markets. Product coverage includes Cash Equity/ETF/Portfolio Trading, Index/Single Stock/Corporate Derivatives, Exotics/CPPI, Convertibles, Delta-1/Swap, Structured Financing, Latin America Trading etc.
* The Market Risk Analyst would be expected to confidently work with the trading desk and various support partners, including Legal, Compliance, Middle Office, Operations, Technology, Price-Verification Group, Model Validation, Regulatory Capital, and other Risk Managers within the risk organization, to build their understanding of the business and markets, and enhance our overall risk management capabilities.
* Key responsibilities include generating daily risk reports, ensuring data accuracy, reviewing positions against limits, and performing ad-hoc reporting/projects, and etc. The analyst would also be expected to improve our risk monitoring and reporting capabilities and efficiency, by performing data tests, developing enhanced more comprehensive reports and risk metrics, and streamlining processes, with a strong understanding of the business activity reflected in the reports.
* Other core responsibilities include real-time monitoring and communication of the markets, an understanding of historical market performances and the calculation of value-at-risk (VaR), the ability to assess the impact of stressed scenarios on the portfolio (CCAR), the approval of new products, transactions and capital commitments and an understanding of the impact of regulatory changes on the business (including Volcker).
* BA/BS or equivalent degree from a top university with significant emphasis in finance, economics or quantitative disciplines (a graduate degree in finance or business, or progress toward CFA is a plus)
* Minimum 1-3 years of experience in related fields such as risk management, front office, and/or finance
* A broad knowledge across financial products and asset classes and an elementary understanding of VaR and its use in the risk management area
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including well-developed presentation skills
* Advanced desktop technology skills including database management, Excel and Powerpoint. Ability to quickly learn new programs and applications.
* The ability and comfort to work with various data and risk systems
* Exceptionally strong attention-to-detail
* Self-motivated, intellectually curious and enthusiastic
* Collaborative and team-player
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment at times under tight deadlines
* An understanding of Equity products, risks, valuations and overall markets
* Advanced desktop technology skills such as Bloomberg, VBA, SQL and Access
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
Located in midtown Manhattan, we’re right across from Bryant Park and a short walk to Times Square, Broadway theaters, Grand Central Station, excellent shops and world-class restaurants.