Responsible for developing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as maintain corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Employees are expected to have in-depth global markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Coordinates resources across various applications, operations or projects. Manages employees and makes all decisions on personnel actions including staffing, performance management and comp decision-making. Monitors progress and adjusts resources and priorities accordingly. Typically requires 10+ years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for employees supporting Global Markets.
Enterprise Risk Finance Technology (ERFT):
- Believes diversity makes us stronger so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world.
- Is committed to building a workplace where every employee is welcomed and given the support and resources to perform their jobs successfully.
- Wants to be a great place for people to work and strives to create an environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their goals.
- Provides continuous training and development opportunities to help employees achieve their career goals, whatever their background or experience.
- Is committed to advancing our tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve our clients and their evolving business needs.
- Believes in responsible growth and is dedicated to supporting our communities by connecting them to the lending, investing and giving them what they need to remain vibrant and vital.
Senior Application Development Manager - The selected candidate will be responsible for team level contributions to overall application development efforts within the portfolio of application(s); providing technical direction and oversight on end to end application creation/maintenance. Candidate will ensure that the systems design, business requirements, and solution architecture is well understood by involved parties and will be responsible for overall delivery of software products. Manages applications/ development projects, or complex initiatives of an area of the development function. May or may not manage employees. Typically requires 7-10 years of applicable experience.
- Manage all aspects of the application development process for business applications that support the administrative or operational functions of the company or those needed to serve customers effectively
- Manage project or team leaders, application development (programming) groups, database groups and user support groups
- Perform code reviews in the appropriate technologies
- Lead assigned projects or tasks, including design and code reviews
- Analyze and define customer requirements
- Design and develop software modules that meet customer requirements while upholding high standards, reliability, security, maintainability, and performance
- Assist in defining product technical architecture
- Design complex software components
- Participate in peer reviews for designs, code, and other work products
- Perform software quality assurance, including all types of testing of database designs to confirm functionality and performance
- Write technical documentation
- Advise management on product and process improvement
- Enhance and maintain applications
- May support multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Participate with a team to carry out the full lifecycle of software development activities
- Play a role in setting the architecture and design for products
- Manage direct reports in accordance with company policies in an equal manner that ensures confidentiality
- Lead and mentor staff to improve skill set and career potential
- Advise on employee promotions, transfers, and dismissals
- 7+ year’s industry experience within technology domain
- 5+ year’s application management in a complex environment
- Thorough understanding of SDLC
- Ability to think critically and make strategic recommendations for changes/enhancements
- Ability to develop technical solutions that excel in performance when implemented
- Understanding of agile software development methodology and industry best practices
- Understanding of fundamental software engineering and computer science principles: object-oriented design, structured design, databases, algorithms, data structures, usability, refactoring, debugging, and configuration management
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
- Understanding of service oriented architecture databases, data modeling techniques
- Ability to create pragmatic, strategic technology alternatives which deliver short-term results while contributing to long-term strategic direction
- Effectively influence, negotiate and lead technology alternative evaluations and implementations across the Technology and Line of Business organizations
- Ability to comfortably and credibly present to senior management. Be able to articulate the value proposition associated with the solution set
- Ability to work in a matrix environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization
- Excellent communication skills
- A decisive individual who possesses a strategic focus as well as an operational, implementation and detail oriented perspective
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role