At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day. One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being. Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization. Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us! Job Summary:
Accountable for managing and settling the larger, more complex estate and/or terminating trusts that require a higher level of technical expertise and knowledge. This is a non licensed associate role.
* Assigns tasks to the Settlement Assistants, monitors progress and approves completed work.
* Responsible for coaching, developing, and mentoring assistants and junior level officers within the Settlement team.
* Builds and maintains relationships with external business partners (Attorneys, CPAs, and Fiduciary Accountants), and coordinates communication with internal support partners (Tax, Compliance, SAM, ART), to ensure accurate, timely and efficient administration, and to manage business risk.
* Maintains high quality communications with beneficiaries, with focus on client satisfaction and asset retention.
* Accountable for managing the larger, more complex probate estates and deceased grantor trusts that require a higher level of technical expertise and knowledge in estate and trust administration.
* Responsible for increasing estate revenue by developing and maintaining partnerships with Private Wealth Management business partners and through referrals from other business lines.
* Participates in sales calls as needed, offering Estate Settlement expertise.
* Coordinates communication with internal support partners (Tax, Compliance, Real Estate, Private Business Group) to ensure accurate, timely, and efficient administration and to manage business risk.
* Builds and maintains relationships with external business partners (Attorneys and CPAs) and other organizations to promote awareness of Estate Settlement Services.
* Acts as a technical resource to colleagues within and outside of Estate Settlement team.
* Will involve responsibility for coaching, developing, and mentoring assistants.
* BS/BA or equivalent experience required
* JD, advanced degree and/or certifications preferred
* Minimum of 2-3 years of personal trust/estate settlement/investment related experience
* Excellent interpersonal and technical skills
* Demonstrates excellent oral, written, and presentation skills
* Exceptional organizational skills
* Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with minimum supervision while demonstrating teamwork and delivering client satisfaction
* Proficient in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
* Knowledge of probate administration (multi-state), fiduciary income tax, and estate taxes preferred
* Knowledge of Bank of America's proprietary trust systems a plus
* Position will require periodic, overnight/multi-night travel
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role