At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Position Summary / Job Description:
The Perimeter Security Compliance and Consulting engineer will provide subject matter expertise and technical consulting to high-profile projects, services, and strategic initiatives to achieve targeted objectives and protect the firm. The Individual must possess the ability to analyze and understand a variety of existing and evolving business requirements, compliance requirements and interface with technology engagement teams to provide best in class Perimeter Security and Threat Prevention solutions for the firm.
Must be a strong engineering minded individual with polished collaboration, written, and communication skills and a proven track record interacting with various levels of management, clients, and technical team members in delivering Perimeter and Threat technical solutions.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide technical consulting and support compliance functions within the Perimeter Security and Threat Prevention domains within the Bank’s External Networks organization. These responsibilities include supporting a number of compliance and risk functions to ensure the Perimeter Security and Threat Prevention solutions for the firm are in compliance with information security standards and architecture practices. In addition, will provide technical consulting to lines of business and application teams in the design, discovery and remediation of firewall and proxy configuration policies.
- At least 5+ years of experience directly managing and/or supporting network firewalls, IDS, or network security technologies.
- Experience on network firewalls including Fortinet or Checkpoint models and network web proxy or Content Filtering including McAfee WebGateway and Bluecoat/Symantec proxies.
- Experience with FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, and Check Point Provider 1 Management Systems (Smartview Manager and Tracker).
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems including TippingPoint.
- Strong expertise in networking and network security protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, Socks, PAC files, DNS, NTP, ANYCAST services, and others.
- Experience with advanced reporting and queries on Splunk or similar logging/SIEM solutions.
- Use of firewall rule management tools including Firemon, Skybox or similar is highly desired.
- Advanced networking troubleshooting skills and incident triaging including taking and analyzing traffic packet captures, policy research, traffic logs and system log reviews.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills and ability to collaborate with other technical areas to define complex configuration designs.
- Experienced in Incident support, including managing high severity/urgent incidents, incident triaging with other network teams and vendors.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills for customer support and knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Must be able to communicate at different organizational levels including senior management to provide status updates, deliver requirements and report details at the correct level.
- Leadership skills during technical troubleshooting and incident triaging with strong analytical skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent preferred with at least 5+ years of proven experience in Network Security or CyberSecurity environments.
- Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets, databases, and reports with high attention to details and data accuracy.
- Experience with automation and scripting skills on Python or similar is a plus.
- Experience in Web Content filtering and Threat Prevention technologies such as Bluecoat Proxies, McAfee WebGateway proxies, F5 LTM, F5 SSLO, FireEye, Vontu, McAfee DLP, VMWare NSX defender or similar solutions is highly desired.
- Knowledge of web connectivity and proxying technologies, WCCP, explicit or transparent proxy, reverse proxy, is a plus.
- Experience with ITIL processes such as change management, request management and incident management.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as LDAP, IWA, IWA-direct, SSO, Active Directory.
- At least one professional level certification in Web Content filtering technologies, Network Security or Networks such as CCNA Security, CCNP, BCCPA, BCCPP, CISSP, CCSP, CEH, is desirable.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role