At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The C&OR Manager proactively engages with other C&OR officers, including horizontal coverage owners and Enterprise Areas of Coverage (“EAC”), to provide comprehensive oversight of FLU/CF activities. This role develops and maintains a global coverage plan which defines the scope and risk-based focus of the second line’s risk management activities. The C&OR Manager prepares materials for C&OR regulatory exams/audits/inquiries and may provide consultation to business leaders in preparation for FLU/CF regulatory exams/audits/inquiries.
The C&OR Manager plans, drives and reviews team deliverables to support consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a team, or may act as an individual contributor.
- Produces and/or oversees the development of independent risk management reporting for respective area(s) of coverage as input governance and management routines
- Provides subject matter expertise to assist the FLU/CF in establishing an annual learning plan, may be accountable for developing and delivering training content
- Develops and maintains C&OR-owned policies and standards and/or provides oversight of FLU/CF-owned policies, standards and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational risk requirements are appropriately addressed, inclusive of conduct risk as applicable
- Monitors the regulatory environment to identify regulatory changes applicable to area(s) of coverage, advises business leaders on those changes, directs the appropriate areas to implement or amend policies, standards, procedures and/or processes to address regulatory requirements, and challenges the implementation plan as needed; maintains a comprehensive regulatory inventory
- Identifies, aggregates, reports, escalates, inspects and challenges remediation plans, and performs thematic analysis on FLU/CF-owned issues and control enhancements
- Ensures C&OR “owned” issues and control enhancements are identified and addressed appropriately and timely
- Contributes to or leads development of risk coverage plans, executes and / or oversees execution of independent risk monitoring, testing and risk assessments, communicates results
- Reviews and challenges the FLU/CF process, risk, control (PRC) inventory and FLU/CF Risk & Control Self-Assessment (RCSA)
- Reviews and challenges internal and external operational loss events, including development of remediation plans to strengthen controls, and approves where appropriate
- Participates in Scenario Analysis activities for coverage areas and challenges as appropriate
- Ensures metrics are designed to measure key risks and control performance, monitors and reports on metric performance and breach remediation
- Ability to multi-task and independently drive responses to regulatory/exchange compliance issues/queries
- Solid awareness of controls and governance
- Self-motivated, a team player and results orientated
- Ability to work in partnership with business, shared services and other members in Legal and Compliance in the region
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Bachelor degree holder or equivalent educational experience.
- Knowledge of rules and regulations relating to Banking and Markets
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in global investment bank.
Learn more about this role