We are looking to recruit for a Global Financial Crimes Specialist to join our Global Financial Crimes team in Brazil. The role will support execution of compliance and operational risk processes used to identify and mitigate risks associated with money laundering, terrorist financing, economic sanctions and fraud and provide risk management and client advisory support within Brazil. The incumbent will partner with the Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) to support regulatory and corporate audits, as well as work with front line business, operations and other financial crimes teams across the region and globally to assess and monitor risks and controls, identify trends, analyze business processes and review quality assurance trends.
- Support the Brazil MLRO in performing compliance and risk activities, including:
- Performing monitoring and testing activities of Front Line Unit (FLU) and Control Function (CF) -owned processes related to Customer Due Diligence activities against Brazilian AML/CFT laws, rules and regulations, Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting, or other activities as required.
- Executing and reviewing monitoring and testing results against Brazilian AML/CFT laws, rules and regulations, as well as develop coverage plans to test compliance with these laws.
- Provide AML KYC/CDD advisory to the FLU/CF.
- Assisting in reviewing potential suspicious activity and sanctions alerts.
- Assisting with the review of relevant policies to ensure they reflect Brazilian AML/CFT regulatory requirements for Financial Crimes.
- Conducting financial crimes risk assessments.
- Executing governance and management routines, including development of metrics.
- Identifying, aggregating, reporting and escalating financial crimes risks, issues and control enhancements.
- Assisting in the development of financial crimes training.
- Assisting with preparation for, and participating in, financial crimes related regulatory exams and audits.
- Escalating financial crimes concerns to the Global Financial Crimes Manager or Executive.
Core skills and requirements:
- At least 5 years relevant experience in AML KYC/CDD / Advisory background or Financial Crimes Compliance related to Brazil, gained from working in the financial industry.
- Fluency in both Portuguese and English.
- Business Stakeholder Management: experience in risk management and client advisory.
- Compliance and Operational Risk: Experience identifying, mitigating and escalating matters of AML concerns to FLUs and senior management.
- Speaks with confidence and possesses the ability to make difficult financial crimes compliance risk management decisions even when challenged.
- Degree Required: Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent.
- Preferred candidates with understanding of global banking and markets business lines.
- Preferred candidates with subject matter expertise in financial crimes risks related to Brazil and the LATAM region.
- Ability to handle multiple compliance projects in a dynamic environment and regional team setting.
- Strong experience and knowledge with KYC/CDD advisory.
- Understanding of monitoring, testing and/or quality assurance processes.
- Extensive knowledge of AML typologies.
- Strong analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory guidance.
- Proficiency with MS Office programs including strong Excel expertise.
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary technology applications.
- Excellent research abilities, including exposure to research tools (e.g. LexisNexis, CLEAR).
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) certification.
- Sound judgment.
Learn more about this role