At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Seeking credit officer to be part of the credit team responsible for underwriting credit risks for the clients with head offices domiciled in Japan.
- Analyze clients’ businesses, their financial statements and due diligence materials
- Prepare credit papers for new requests and ongoing portfolio monitoring purposes
- Perform ongoing monitoring of clients and information flow associated with the portfolio
- Supervise and provide developmental oversight to Analysts
- Identify and escalate emerging risks
- Understand and apply internal policy, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Review various legal documents for relevant credit products
- Successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively in constructing arguments to support recommendations to senior officers.
- Credit Officers will also, on occasion, participate in client meetings. Be an active member of deal teams and engage proactively with relationship and product partners
- Minimum 3 years of experience in banking and finance or related field
- Ability to analyze financial statements, conduct due diligence and prepare credit proposals
- Experience analyzing investment and sub-investment grade credit profiles and structures
- Fluency in Japanese, as the role involves reading and analyzing Japanese-language financial statements, as well as daily interactions with Japanese-speaking colleagues and clients.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sound commercial judgment and strong business acumen
- Knowledge of credit products including loans, derivatives, trade finance, cash management
- Ability to work independently, build internal and external relationships, and manage multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and is focused on continuous learning and skill building
Bank of America is an equal opportunities employer.
Learn more about this role