At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Funding (GF) is one of the key areas within Corporate Treasury. GF employees interact daily with internal and external constituents including front line units (FLUs), other Corporate Treasury functions such as Balance Sheet Management (BSM) / Capital Management (ECM), Corporate Treasury Finance, and Global Liquidity Management (GLM), internal control partners, regulators, market participants and investors. The mission of GF is to ensure Bank of America Corporation and all its subsidiaries are sufficiently funded at all times. The team utilizes its global presence to provide efficient funding strategies across the enterprise in the most cost effective manner, while managing the risks associated with those strategies.
The GF team manages enterprise liquidity and ensures that funding is maintained at levels sufficient to operate in normal and stressed scenarios. We are tasked to forecast the sources and uses of funds across a variety of entities and currencies, taking into account business input, the Corporation’s risk appetite and projected market conditions in order to manage effectively the Corporation’s key cash and liquidity positions. Implementation of our funding and hedging strategies necessitates flawlessly executing transactions with internal and external counterparties in accordance with liquidity and capital constraints, internal guidelines, legal limitations and regulatory directives.
A successful career in Corporate Treasury requires you to think critically about the many challenges facing our company and industry with an emphasis on attention to detail, teamwork and strong communication skills. The Treasury group provides an opportunity to gain broad knowledge about the company and its many businesses as well as the global markets in which we transact. Your day to day experience will be varied and challenging, and will allow you to extend your skills within various disciplines, such as market analysis, short-term money market execution and real-time liquidity risk management.
- Funding execution:
- As per GF policies and procedures, own daily funding trade execution for designated legal entities in coordination with global partners
- Manage Local (IDR) and Foreign currency (USD) balance sheet, interest rate and liquidity gap risks
- Monitor capital markets for signs of stress and escalate funding and liquidity issues
- Optimize funding considering stability, price, risk appetite, and other enterprise factors
- Manage foreign exchange and derivative trade execution for Treasury/Enterprise needs
- Manage liquid asset buffer portfolios
- Execute reverse repo transactions to optimize collateral portfolio
- Provide liquidity risk counsel and pricing consultation to FLUs
- Funding forecasting:
- In concert with local and enterprise partners, analyze business plans and forward balance sheet for designated legal entities and develop an appropriate funding plan
- Work with FLUs to develop an understanding of future business flows and risks
- Work closely with international peers to manage offshore JPY flows
- Investigate and correct forecast misses in order to minimize future variance
- Risk management:
- Manage risks within established metrics consistent with the company’s risk appetite
- Hedge interest rate and foreign exchange exposures where necessary per policy
- Be a subject matter expert on Treasury topics and consult with FLUs on liquidity risk drivers and constraints
- Manage excess liquidity to meet operational requirements and achieve maximum efficiency
- Interface with local regulators on treasury-related matters (funding, liquidity and risk)
- Balance sheet governance:
- Chair the local Asset and Liability Committee (ALCO) and provide guidance to FLUs on balance sheet matters
- Monitor changes in assets and liabilities and understand causation for all currencies funded
- Be a subject matter expert on funds transfer pricing (FTP) and serve as a consultant to FLUs
- Work with the FTP group to ensure that practices and methodologies drive desired behavior
- Ensure that a robust control environment is maintained through compliance with all laws, regulation, policies, procedures and directives.
- Represent Treasury at LMT (Local Management team) and contribute to strategic initiatives
- Drive training and development for the Indonesia Treasury team
- Participate in technology enhancement projects and enhance operational excellence
- Perform extensive ad-hoc financial analysis related to funding risks and opportunities
- Respond to spontaneous information/reporting requests both internally and from regulators
- Where required, manage interaction with Regulator and other stakeholders
- Undergraduate degree with quantitative focus / prefer finance, accounting or engineering major
- Minimum relevant experience of at least 10years in Money Market / FX activities (including Asset-Liability management and ALCO exposure), with focus on balance sheet, liquidity risk management, IRR analytics, funds transfer pricing, markets or finance.
- Advanced understanding of markets, financial statements, liquidity and risk
- Strong Excel skills are a must.
- Tech Tools:
- Tableau, Alteryx, Workiva abilities will be an added advantage.
- Word and PowerPoint proficiency
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Strong ability to communicate effectively across a broad range of constituents including seasoned teammates, upper management and disparate business partners.
- Skilled at building and maintaining strong relationships across the enterprise. Ability to deliver a difficult message while maintaining close working relationships.
- Execution experience in interest rate and foreign exchange products both cash and derivatives
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at a management level in English
- An appropriate second language is valuable in nations where English is not the primary language
- Creative problem solving skills and orientation
- A genuine interest in financial markets / a drive to “win”
- Effective communication skills
Learn more about this role