At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for engaging clients in the lobby to educate and assist with conducting transactions through self-service resources such as mobile banking, online banking, or ATM. This role also accurately and efficiently processes cash transactions for clients as needed. Relationship bankers have deep conversations with clients to gain in-depth knowledge of their financial and life priorities.
A Relationship Banker (responsibilities):
• Executes the bank's risk culture and strives for operational excellence
• Builds relationships with individual clients to meet their financial needs
• Follows established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations
• Grows business knowledge and network by partnering with experts in small business, lending and investments
• Manages financial center traffic, appointments and outbound calls effectively
• Drives the client experience
• Manages cash responsibilities
You’re a person who (required skills):
• Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the client.
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
• Is confident in identifying solutions for new and existing clients based on their needs.
• Communicates effectively and confidently, and is comfortable engaging all clients.
• Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information and technology platforms.
• Is confident in educating clients on how to conduct simple banking transactions through self-service technologies (for example, ATM, online banking, mobile banking).
• Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients’ needs.
• Will follow established processes and guidelines in daily activities to do what is right for clients and the bank, adhering to all applicable laws and regulations.
• Efficiently manages your time and capacity.
• Focuses on results, while acting in the best interest of the client.
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
You’ll be more prepared if you have (desired skills):
• Experience in financial services and knowledge of financial services industry, products and solutions.
• One year of demonstrated successful sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment with individual sales goals.
• Six months of cash handling experience.
• Bachelor’s degree or business relevant associate degree such as business management, business administration, or finance.
Skills Used in this Role:
• Customer Service
• Risk Management
• Consumer Products and Solutions
• Overcoming Objections
• Risk Management
• Cash Management
• Demonstrating Technology
• Relationship Management
• Active Listening
• Learning Agility
• Problem Solving
• Critical Thinking
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role
[Music in background throughout]
[Bankers working with clients in-person and on video chat.]
As a Relationship Banker at Bank of America, my job is to develop lasting relationships with the clients I serve. It’s important to me to provide personalized client care while helping people navigate complex financial decisions.
Right from the beginning of my career with Bank of America, I was set up for success.
On screen copy:
Trained by the award-winning Academy at Bank of America
The onboarding and training I received through Bank of America’s award-winning Academy offered personalized support, dedicated training time, and coaching that helped me prepare for the job.
Not only am I able to handle all types of transactions, I also help clients figure out what matters most to them so I can provide solutions and guidance to meet their financial needs. I am always learning and it is critical that I maintain my credibility by keeping up to date with our products, services, tools and resources.
[Bank employees in a meeting listening to a manager presentation.]
I meet with clients regularly, either in-person or virtually, to fulfill their account maintenance needs. I help them adapt to new digital solutions, like using the various capabilities of our Mobile Banking App, and can assist with any transactions needed in the Financial Center. Staying up-to-date on the latest digital tools, and educating my clients, is key to my success.
[Bank employees speaking with and listening to clients.]
I have to be efficient and know how to leverage the expertise of my teammates. Some days are more challenging than others. Between helping clients adopt new technologies, attending team meetings, and nurturing client relationships, I stay pretty busy.
Sometimes I work weekends or extended hours, but my role gives me the opportunity to learn the basics of banking and client management. There are many opportunities for growth and career progression, whether I’m looking to advance to a leadership position or specialize in lending, small business, or investments.
There are so many great benefits, including paid time off, competitive pay and healthcare, childcare reimbursement, and even tuition reimbursement.
On screen copy:
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- 16 Weeks Paternity/Maternity
- Employee Discount Program
- Childcare Reimbursement
And I’m grateful to work for a company that promotes inclusion and understanding.
I know Bank of America is invested in helping me reach my full potential, so I can help my clients reach theirs. We all have goals. Pursue yours at Bank of America.
On screen copy:
Bank of America® logo
On screen disclosures:
Bank of America and its affiliates recruit and hire qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability, or any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concepts of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. We also prohibit discrimination on other bases such as ancestry, medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not the practice of Bank of America to sponsor individuals for work visas.
© 2023 Bank of America Corporation. All rights reserved.
[End of transcript]