The Global Markets Risk Executive for the Bank of America Securities (BofAS) legal entity will primarily interface with the Product Trading/Marketing Heads and the product heads of other risk and support groups (i.e. Compliance, Finance, Operations, etc), as well as local regulators (e.g. SEC, CFTC, CME).
Key responsibility to oversee and co-ordinate risk management in BofAS, including the below:
- Management and direction of market risk management in the entity;
- Review and challenge of trading desk activity in the entity;
- Executive reporting to the CRO and the Management Risk Committee of the entity;
- Management of market-risk specific regulatory dialogue, including the approved IMA capital model, VaR Methodology and Regulatory Capital;
- Ensuring global consistency of policies, procedures, analysis, monitoring and reporting of market risk;
- Analysis of model risk, the implementation of the New/Complex Product Approval Process, limit approval authority and reporting of market risk.
- Leadership and development of the Market Risk team in NYC;
- Collaboration with the Market Risk teams in AMRS and Top of House to ensure alignment of approach and efficiencies of processes;
- Innovation of risk management capabilities
- A quantitative specialist, with hands-on skills in data analysis, manipulation and development of prototype risk reports
- Leadership, management, product knowledge and trading or quantitative skills are necessary.
- Incumbents typically have significant experience of market risk management or trading.
- Solid academic background, which may include a postgraduate qualification
- Strong people skills demonstrated across various communication styles (both written and verbal)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize across several competing demands, managing to deadlines
- Effective team player
- Intellectual curiosity
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with the drive and potential to learn from others
- Practical mindset
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role