At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The Regulatory Relations Manager is responsible for maintaining relationships and interactions with regulators through the execution of the overall strategy for regulatory engagement and enterprise-wide standards. This includes managing regulatory examinations, inquiries and meetings. Additional responsibilities include:
- Serving as the primary point of contact between the regulators and the Front Line Unit / Control Function (FLU/CF) while managing exams, inquiries and other regulatory matters in accordance with enterprise-wide standards.
- Building strong partnerships and collaborating effectively with FLU/CF stakeholders to drive strategic Global Regulatory Relations (GRR) engagement model.
- Managing and directing all aspects of regulatory exams to ensure consistent exam practices, successful execution, and reduction of risk exposure for the company. This includes being responsive to regulatory inquiries; effectively managing ongoing supervision meetings; aiding with preparation of regulatory responses; as well as regulatory activity tracking, reporting and escalation.
- Communicates and escalates issues and emerging risks in a timely and concise manner.
- Partnering with GRR colleagues to share best practices, identify regulatory themes and emerging issues.
- Providing regulator agency relationship support, as needed (logistics, technology, reporting and research).
7+ years of experience in risk management, enterprise-wide role, managing regulator activities or a combination of each.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute tactically
- Proven ability to build and cultivate relationships both externally and internally
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity
- Ability to read and understand complex matters, anticipate risks and summarize key information
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with senior levels across the organization, including senior leadership
- Ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems quickly and efficiently
- Self-starter with excellent anticipation skills; problem solving; follow up
- Demonstrated dependability and sense of urgency
- Comfortable working with people at all organizational levels
- Ability to work well under pressure, adapt to unexpected events, prioritize and multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Proven process design and project management skills
- Ability to navigate in a highly-matrix environment and proven ability to distil complex information into key messages
- Knowledgeable of Bank of America’s business lines, operations, organizational structure, senior executives, etc.
Learn more about this role