At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
We are looking for a talented and innovative leader to join the team as a Strategy, Change & Transformation Portfolio Manager and a Process Design lead to own and drive a suite of internal and external facing programs across the Global Markets Fixed Income Securities space and beyond. We have investment in place to kick off a few large industry standard pieces of work which require us to architect the space with an eye for the future and also be very disciplined about how we deliver specific programs within the wider framework.
The role requires a candidate who is comfortable with fluid change; building structure, developing networks and project governance routines to deliver across the organization. There will be a high level of stakeholder exposure across Sales & Trading, Finance, Technology and Operations, in addition to building relationships with external vendors and dealers. Up to date market/industry knowledge on the Fixed Income Securities space and how to transform that is essential.
The incumbent will be responsible for:
• Implementing a Strategic design thinking led approach to portfolio of work
• Driving innovation and change both in process, risk management, culture and technology. Working closely with relevant internal and external parties to ensure connectivity across programs; Industry and Market
• Lead industry benchmarking for Securities and post trade workflow
• Problem analysis, definition, and impact assessment
• Ensure all programs have the right governance framework and control
• Hiring, managing, leading and developing staff to ensure excellent performance, great risk mind-set, continuous improvement and innovation and the Bank of America Responsible Growth culture
• Proven ability to lead and sustain change, with significant experience working in Operations and/or in process redesign or change management
• Deep expertise in Capital Market Operations-Fixed Income/Securities required
• Experience driving large programs across the organization with the ability to navigate effectively to deliver on time
• Strong knowledge of process design with Six Sigma, Lean, Agile experience
• Ability to communicate and influence at all levels and manage multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
• Knowledge of and ability to apply project governance (documentation/reporting, tollgates, identifying risks/watch items etc.) to change
• Strong organization skills, including the ability to manage multiple responsibilities, prioritize, meet deadlines and also pay attention to the detail
• Ability to understand and work through complex problems and transfer that ability and knowledge to the teams
• Motivated self-starter who is comfortable with ambiguous or fluid requirements
• Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
• Ability to face off with senior business at a strategic level while understanding the detail
• Demonstrable leadership skills, having led and inspired teams in the past delivering results, influencing the agenda and driving change
• Experience in influencing a diverse set of stakeholders to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
• Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
Enterprise Role Overview:
Responsible for programs/projects specific to corporate change initiatives that have significant impact on how the company does business, provides a product or service, or executes a function. Project responsibility requires responsibility for staff and budget. Serves as primary contact to senior department managers for critical change initiatives. Communicates, influences and negotiates both vertically and horizontally to obtain or leverage necessary resources. Accountable for analyzing present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation. Creates a clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control. Ensures clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/project roles. Integrates knowledge of end-to-end business process into program planning and decisioning processes. Develop, maintain, and report on an overall integrated delivery plan. Management experience with small to mid-size teams. Excellent project management skills, including the ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Strong business centric mindset with ability to utilize sound business judgment and tailor approach to drive optimal business outcomes. Typically 5+ plus years of program management experience.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role