At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Accountable for auditing moderate to complex businesses ranging in scale and scope. Implements and communicates Corporate Audits mission, goals, and strategies. Responsible for developing an audit plan for assigned areas of responsibility including proper assessment and coverage of risks, including emerging risks. Demonstrates critical thinking, strategic mindset and leads and supports change. Executes assigned components of the audit plan in a timely manner, within quality standards and in conformance to audit policies and procedures. Assesses issues for impact to business processes, controls, and strategies, assigns severity ratings and escalates broad themes or trends. Produces quality and timely audit reports that summarize results of an audit to management. Manages business partner relationships for areas of responsibility, primary engagement with line management. Exercises critical thinking and judgment to effectively influence management to improve the control environment. Participates in communication with regulatory agencies. Manages performance of the team, including expense management. Provides effective and frequent coaching and development to assigned audit team. Responsible for development, retention, and personnel management issues. Fosters an inclusive work environment.
- Responsible for leading audit coverage of AML risks and controls across the APAC region.
- Subject matter expertise in APAC regional financial crime regulations and regulatory landscape. Strong understanding of Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering, Sanctions (e.g., OFAC) regulatory requirements is an added advantage.
- Solid business understanding of application of AML/Economic Sanctions risks within a large financial institution. Knowledge of key business segments including banking, capital markets, global markets etc.
- Plan, perform, and lead AML Compliance audits at the regional level as well as other diverse lines of business and specialty areas.
- Responsible for leading responses for regulatory requests, including creating presentation materials, as part of ongoing regulatory exams.
- As required, engage with regulators to walk through validation work.
- Manage staff during audit engagements and provide feedback on work performed.
- Design and perform compliance audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting processes.
- Challenge LOB to ensure that the remediation is comprehensive and sustainable
- Leverage risk mindset and influence LOB leaders to drive proper remediation of regulatory gaps
- Develop test plans designed to address the risk and root cause of the issue
- Reviewing the work performed by their team including coaching associates
- Work with leadership to effectively prioritize issues that may be past due or high risk
- Effectively manage time to complete assigned issues within a reasonable timeframe
- Proactively communicate status, escalate challenges and findings
- Establish and maintain business partner relationships
- Actively support peers and broader team during issue validation and other work
- Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum 10-15 years in Financial Crimes related roles.
- Audit, Risk or Compliance experience in Financial Institutions.
- Strong understanding of technology, general controls, and other controls
- Sound organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively write reports, present to management and various regulators.
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting structure.
- Ability to successfully communicate to influence management and lead change on both strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with diverse teams.
- Sound organizational, analytical, oral, and written communication skills including ability to effectively document issue validation
- Understanding of audit practices and methodologies as well as rules for professional and ethical conduct.
- Ability to think critically and apply audit and technical expertise.
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM),
- Audit / Assurance or operational experience in large scale enterprise environment / financial institution.
Learn more about this role