The Cyber Security Assurance (CSA) Remediation Analytics Data Analyst is a member of the GIS Enterprise Remediation team, which is responsible for performing analysis of the Enhanced Remediation Program, supporting risk and issues management, QA, exception notifications/reporting, consequence model/enforcement and executing processes to drive vulnerability remediation.
• Data analytics, research and support for various standard and ad-hoc reporting to provide critical insights across Enterprise Remediation
• Designing metrics, data analytics, and key risk indicators that will be used to guide business decisions; identifying trends, interpreting analysis into strategic and tactical recommendations and presenting results in a professional/compelling manner
• Monthly metric validation and reporting efforts
• This is an individual contributor role with no staffing, compensation, or budget accountability.
• Excellent skills in data management, aggregation, and data visualization concepts with the ability to translate data into meaningful business context.
• Must be an expert at data analysis, manipulation and research.
• Strong understanding of data design and system interaction concepts.
• Technical background to include structured query language (SQL), Business Intelligence (BI) tools, and SDLC concepts
• Knowledge of the Continuous Monitoring tool, ROCK, and Cloudera Data Visualization applications, or similar external products
• Understanding of the Hadoop platform (e.g. MapReduce, Hive, Impala, Spark, Flume, Kafka) and related Big Data technologies
• Critical thinker and logical problem solver. Ability to understand a problem, explore solutions and present them with pros, cons and other considerations. Possesses an Operational Excellence mindset.
• Excellent communication, both written and verbal, and excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and time management skills, as well as the ability to be a self-starter and work independently.
• Experience assembling impactful reporting packages
• Demonstrates intellectual curiosity.
• Expert use of Microsoft Excel to include pivot tables, macros, visualizations, and queries.
• Intermediate use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Visio
• Track record in delivering metrics frameworks, executive dashboards, BI Visualization, or similar projects at the departmental scale of a Fortune 500 organization.
• 2+ years of experience in information security.
Enterprise Role Overview - Provides support to information security officers who partner directly with line of business leaders. Has a deep understanding of the business and information security in order to have specialized information security risk-based discussions. Utilizes knowledge of application development and/or application security, including the Software Delivery Life Cycle from design, testing and deployment to post production. May participate in more complex Secure by Design efforts as new technology is deployed. Ensures technology is secure when used by partners and vendors. Provides guidance and expertise to information security officers on risk elements associated with each step of the Secure by Design process to ensure adherence to information security policies. Typically has 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role