At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference.
The Sr Merchant Sales Officer (MSO) manages a portfolio of clients and prospects, providing Merchant advisory and positioning and selling solutions that address their Merchant’s processing needs. The Sr MSO proactively identifies opportunities to grow net new business to the firm, provides high level advisory to deepen relationships with existing clients by working closely with Global Commercial Banking, Global Transaction Services, and the broader Merchant organization. This individual can provide a high level of advisory to clients and translate these opportunities into incremental business for the firm.
Candidates should possess a deep understanding of the client’s commerce ecosystem and the ability to consult with them on ways to integrate and leverage our suite of solutions effectively. They will work across a matrixed coverage organization to deliver responsible growth and serve as the first point of contact for our bankers, Treasury Sales Officers, and leaders on merchant business development, advice and overall portfolio management activities. This position requires travel to in-person meetings with clients, internal partners and senior leaders within the firm. They often are facing off with the C-Suite in companies.
The Sr MSO will be focused on the healthcare industry in general, but will be specifically working with large hospital, health system, healthcare insurance providers, healthcare technology, insurance payors and pharma/life science clients of the bank, and will need to have a deep understanding of healthcare payments, revenue cycle and the HIS, EMR/EHR and revenue cycle systems that those clients utilize to power their businesses. Regional/LOB aligned associates will need to have a deep and wide understanding of the healthcare industry, payment ecosystem, merchant and transaction processing and how to match our solutions against the needs of our clients.
The role also includes all sales administration functions, including developing and maintaining a strong pipeline, pre-call planning, client needs assessments, preparation and presentation of product proposals, price/cost analysis, business reviews, submission of implementation documentation, ongoing client relationship management and contract renewals. Associates should be available to meet with clients, prospects, and teams in person to represent the firm.
Consultative sales experience with Business Banking, Large Corporate, and/or Commercial Banking clients
• Experience within the Healthcare industry, either with healthcare services providers, payors, technology providers or pharma/life sciences
• 5+ years of Core Acquiring (Credit/Debit) industry experience, Treasury or Digital Receivables/Payment experience
• 5+ years of direct sales experience
• Expert knowledge of healthcare software system (EHR/EMR, PMS, other payment and revenue cycle application) payment interfaces
* Strong analytical and organizational skills
* Demonstrated experience working with 3rd party VAR’s and software platforms
* Understanding of healthcare related payment applications, competition/competitive landscape in the payments industry particularly in healthcare, EHR/EMR practice management systems and revenue cycle solutions), data security (PCI), pay-provider-patient payment workflows and interdependencies, etc. Expert knowledge of Digital Payments/Receivables, Merchant, or Treasury experience
• 3-5 years of sales/portfolio management experience, including C-level sales
• Proven experience in cultivating and strengthening client relationships with senior levels
• Proven ability to coach colleague with less experience and or knowledge
• Demonstrated ability to work independently toward the achievement of personal and team goals
• Demonstrated effective communication skills, including written, oral and presentation skills
• Effective planning, prioritization, and time management skills
• Proven ability to develop and maintain a healthy pipeline
• Ability to quickly learn various sales applications
• Bachelors Degree or equivalent preferred
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role