At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
An exciting opportunity for an Associate to join our Corporates Credit team a part of Global Corporate and Investment Banking (GCIB) Credit managing and delivering credit relationships for corporate clients. We are an independent function that works closely with various lines of business, relationship managers, product specialists and Risk.
- Perform financial and credit analysis, risk rating analysis ensuring adherence to prevailing credit policy and procedures for an assigned portfolio.
- Independently assess credit worthiness, perform intensive qualitative and quantitative due diligence of prospective borrowers and/or trading counterparties and establish appropriate terms and conditions to mitigate risk.
- Structuring transactions, underwriting and negotiating credit documentation designed to meet both client and investor needs including credit agreements, amendments, derivative documentation.
- Ensuring granularity of the portfolio with specific reference to targets for net country/credit capital, legally binding commitments, total exposure and asset quality.
- Establish appropriate internal risk ratings for clients and implement accurate adjustments throughout the client’s credit life cycle.
- Ensuring that the portfolio and credit management process are at all times rated "satisfactory" by internal auditors, the Credit Review group and external Regulators.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the product spectrum and portfolio at client, industry, and macro level to assess risk and craft value added solutions balancing risk.
- Develop, maintain, and manage internal relationships with business partners including Corporate and Investment Bankers, Sales & Trading, Risk Management, Loan Capital Markets, and Legal.
- Participate in strategic projects to support business goals.
What we are looking for:
- Credit risk experience at a major international financial institution, analysing, assessing companies in assigned region and in different sectors and structuring transactions.
- Effective credit skills, risk judgment and broader risk awareness and understanding of the wider business, market and regulatory environment in which the bank operates, and how that impacts client and portfolio’s credit profile and ability to defend rigorously a fact-based point of view.
- Sound product, documentation and process knowledge across lending, trade finance and derivative products.
- Good organisational skills with ability to prioritise work under pressure, drive deal selection, negotiate solutions, strong transaction management process, and manage credit risks.
- Commercial mindset to support value added discussions with effective interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Acting as an agent of change/ improvement, influencing corporate policy/ procedure and projecting a positive strategic vision.
- BA/BSc degree (or equivalent); Finance, Accounting or Economics would be beneficial.
- Fluency with use of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel; including ability to prepare and/or review company specific financial models in Excel
- Fluency in English required. Additionally, French or German language skills beneficial.
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role