At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Virtualization Engineer with Active Directory Experience:
Bank of America has a need for a seasoned Virtualization Engineer with Active Directory Experience. This person will be heavily involved with the design, implementation and development of a highly secure Hyper-V environment that hosts AD. Some responsibilities will include:
- Hyper-V Design architecture, Design, and maintenance.
- Recommending and instituting optimizations to the Hyper-V virtualization environment
- Interpreting Hyper-V performance trends for capacity planning purposes.
- Hardware monitoring and Alerting
- Evaluation of new tools and methodologies to better manage the virtualization infrastructure.
- Heavily Involved in automation and scripting of processes
- Partnering with the Active Directory Operations team to implement changes to the Active Directory virtualization infrastructure.
- Creation, Documentation and Deployment of Baselines
- Experience with Windows Server 2022, 2019, 2016, and 2012 \ Active Directory 2012R2, 2016 and 2019.
- Extensive experience with Hyper-V and SCVMM.
- Extensive Experience in the creation and development of PowerShell scripts for automation of processes and systems administration.
- Solid understanding of Hyper-V performance analysis tools and methods.
- Hands on experience tuning Hyper-V for a data center environment
- Knowledge of developing/maintaining Windows OS builds
- Experience engineering, designing, and testing storage (i.e., S2D, etc.) and networks for a virtual environment.
- Experience with HP hardware particularly around planning and deploying firmware updates and ILO integration/automation.
- Experience developing policies, procedures, and standards pertaining to the Hyper-V infrastructures.
- Experience creating technical and process documentation.
- Superior problem solving, design, and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to convert concepts and technical aspects into easy to understand/follow processes.
- Ability to quickly shift between varying activities without loss of productivity.
- Architecture experience with a global 2016 Active Directory infrastructure, at a senior level.
- Knowledge of the internetworking of clients and Active Directory (name resolution, Kerberos \ NTLM Authentication, etc.)
- Working Knowledge of Windows Technologies (e.g., Storage Spaces, BitLocker, Windows Firewall, clustering)
- Solid understanding or network technologies (e.g., VLANs and Subnets, Routing, IPsec).
- Solution design, capacity planning, and performance tuning experience
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft SQL technologies (SSRS, SSIS, and T-SQL queries).
- Experience with PKI & certificates.
- Experience with DMZ and secure communications
- Knowledge of IPsec communications and OS firewall settings
- Familiarity with reading network traces.
- Basic project management
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role