Job Title: Site Reliability Engineer
Corporate Title: Up to Vice President
Find us in the city of Chester, a destination renowned for its culture, history, and beauty. Working at Bank of America Chester offers a far-reaching global career for a world-renowned organisation, whilst being ideally situated against the backdrop of the rolling North Wales hills and the banks of the serene River Dee.
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
As we embark on a journey to transform our Network Operations Center, we are looking for a highly skilled Network Reliability Engineer to join us. We are a global team across USA, UK, India and Singapore made up of a diverse range of people from varied backgrounds who each bring unique skillsets and perspectives. The team is responsible for building a suite of observability tools and developing our self-healing capabilities while working closely with other members of the Network Services team to ensure one of the largest network infrastructures in the world is highly available, resilient, and secure.
- You will maintain and develop network monitoring, orchestration and automation solutions including inventory reconciliation and remediate, workflow automation, network configuration validation, network health monitoring, alert handling and incident remediation, all with a focus on using automated tools.
- You will perform audits on Network Infrastructure to ensure best practice and standards.
- Collaborate with teams to troubleshoot and resolve network issues
- You will build API-driven services for seamless integration with other services
- In this role you will automate the mundane and collaborate with others to design and implement tools for streamlining internal processes and automate end-to-end workflows within the network infrastructure.
- You will develop automated test frameworks and maintain excellent documentation.
- Be personally accountable for implementing build and release pipelines for deployment scheduling and management of issues, risk and impediments.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to prioritize and deliver solutions and ensure project success
- You will plan and execute releases while leading and managing the team.
- Collaborate with the team to innovate and improve processes
- You will develop reports to identify and remediate network inventory gaps and ensure network devices comply with standards and best practices
- You will identify vulnerabilities and ensure a secure environment.
What we are looking for:
- Skilled in Splunk Search Processing Language
- Programming skills with hands-on Python experience
- Hands-on experience with automation and orchestration tools such as Ansible and Itential or similar tools
- Hands-on experience with network monitoring tools
- Ability to build API based services
- Good understanding of Network Domain fundamentals, good knowledge in Network Asset and Configuration management processes
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and experienced in using Agile methodologies and tools such as Bitbucket, JIRA, Jenkins
- Analytical skills and problem-solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Engineering or Computer Science is preferred
Benefits of working at Bank of America
- Private healthcare for you and your family plus an annual health screen to help you manage your physical wellness with the option to purchase a screen for your partner
- Competitive pension plan, life assurance and group income protection cover if you become unable to work as a result of a disability or health reasons
- 20 days of back-up childcare including virtual tutoring and 20 days of back-up adult care per annum
- The ability to change your core benefits as well as the option of selecting a variety of flexible benefits to suit your personal circumstances including access to a wellbeing account, travel insurance, critical illness etc
- Use of a flex fund to use towards benefits
- Access to an emotional wellbeing helpline, mental health first aiders and virtual GP services
- Ability to donate to charities of your choice directly through payroll and the bank will match your contribution
- Opportunity to access our Arts & Culture corporate membership programme and receive discounted entry to some of the UK and Ireland’s most iconic cultural institutions
- Opportunity to give back to your community, develop new skills and work with new groups of people by volunteering in your local area
Bank of America
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mind-set are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
We strive to ensure that our recruitment processes are accessible for all candidates and encourage any candidates to tell us about any adjustment requirements.
Learn more about this role