At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Enterprise Job Description:
This role is responsible for the day-to-day resolution of complex problems and the research and execution of complex transactions for a single site / business unit or smaller business unit(s). Key responsibilities of the role include strategically advising upon the design, development and implementation of products, systems and services using discretion within the project management methodologies. Additionally, will be responsible for all Team Lead responsibilities and directly involved with managing on-site and off-site staffing without having any direct reports.
- Reviews operations procedures and implements changes and ensures the enforcement and adherence to operations procedures
- Provides guidance to staff and may handle exception items or unusual situations, referring more complex problems to a senior level manager
- Monitor workflow and team progress, provide feedback to manager/team
- Monitor escalations received from Lines of business and response in timely manner
- Coordinate with other sites/regions to ensure daily SSCOE goals are met
- Provide training to new hires and up skill training to existing associates
- Ensure existing training is updated appropriate to adjust for changes in environment over time
- Participates in projects as required
- Advises on the design, development and implementation of complex products, systems and services in an operations environment using discretionary judgment.
- Advises on projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives
- Advises as technical expert in assigned area, providing in-depth understanding of the business unit's operations processes and implications on other groups within the operations function
- Consults on present-state, developing alternative future-state approaches and facilitating implementation by creating clear, coherent approach to guide effective program/initiative setup, execution, and control
- Identifies and recommends responsibilities and accountabilities for key program/projects
This position may also have responsibilities for managing associates. At Bank of America, all managers at this level demonstrate the following responsibilities, in addition to those specific to the role, listed above.
- Diversity & Inclusion: Creates an inclusive team where members are treated fairly and respectfully.
- Manager of Process & Data: Demonstrates and expects process knowledge, data-driven decisions, simplicity, and continuous improvement.
- Enterprise Advocate: Delivers clear and concise messages that motivate, convey the “why” and connect contributions to business results.
- Risk Manager: Leads and encourages the identification, escalation, and resolution of potential risks.
- People Manager & Coach: Knows and develops team members through coaching and feedback.
- Financial Steward: Manages expenses and demonstrates an owner’s mindset.
- Enterprise Talent Leader: Recruits, on-boards and develops talent, and supports talent mobility for career growth.
- Driver of Business Outcomes: Delivers results through effective team management, structure, and routines.
Line of Business Specific Description:
About Sanctions Screening Center of Excellence: The Center of Excellence for economic sanctions monitoring is part of Global Payment Operations (GPO). GPO is the central hub for Bank of America in playing a monumental and mission critical role in establishing, servicing, supporting, and monitoring two of the most widely used electronic payment processing vehicles – Wire and ACH – in the financial services arena worldwide. GPO is also accountable for the SSCoE (Sanctions Screening Center of Excellence) that reviews all of Bank of America’s customers and transactions to ensure compliance with Bank of America’s Economic Sanctions Program. SSCoE serves BAML’s eight lines of business, delivering global, regional and local capabilities through secure, fast and reliable technology, and people with the knowledge and experience to deliver timely and accurate review of all sanctions alerts across all products of Bank of America. Team also has the responsibility to provide support to client facing teams and clients where needed to educate on compliance program, drive better quality of data defining the customer and their day-to-day banking transactions.
Required Skills: (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified)
- Experience & Knowledge of economic sanctions program requirements and disposition of sanctions alerts or extensive background with WTX and/or ACH experience
- Experience in Global Banking & Markets business process
- Ability to prioritize, use own initiative and be flexible
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and navigate change
- Problem solving skills and critical thinking skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, Outlook
- Communicates with impact; communicates effectively (both in writing and when speaking) using clear, concise, and simple language
- Team player attitude, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Manages the risk reward trade off; follows the proper risk routines to get the right outcomes for the business; Successful candidate MUST have a strong risk framework and approach
- Analytical & detail oriented
- PC proficiency and excellent Keyboarding/Typing skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as, within a team
- Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
- Highly organized individual - Demonstrates a bias for action and a commitment to achieving sustainable results.
- Makes timely and fact-based decisions
- Presentation skills & strategic thinking
- Design thinking
- Project management
- Demonstrates a commitment for continuous learning; challenges the status quo and is passionate and capable of driving change across the organization
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role