The Network Services organization is seeking a talented Security Engineer to join the Cyber Security Sustained Engineering team. This role will provide technical expertise and guidance within the Perimeter Security (firewall and IDS technologies) and Threat Prevention (network web proxy and malware detection technologies) domains through the delivery of consulting services for internal clients and projects. As part of the consulting function, the consulting engineer will ensure compliance with security standards, design principles and best practices.
Primary responsibilities will be to provide technical consulting for Firewall, IDS and Threat Prevention (Web Proxy) solutions, traffic analysis and discovery, reporting and firewall rule discovery and design. In addition, as a Level 3 point of escalation, technical support for complex change implementations and operations incidents in collaboration with operations teams, service request fulfillment teams, release and deployment and lifecycle management teams; as well as perimeter architecture teams.
This highly dynamic position will require the ability to manage multiple technical project engagements requiring the candidate to be a team player that can also work independently to manage multiple deadlines, priorities among a diverse set of applications and requirements.
- At least 5+ years of experience directly managing and/or supporting network firewalls, IDS, or network security technologies.
- Experience on network firewalls including Fortinet, Checkpoint or Juniper models and network web proxy or Content Filtering including McAfee WebGateway and Bluecoat/Symantec proxies.
- Experience with FortiManager, FortiAnalyzer, and Check Point Provider 1 Management Systems (Smartview Manager and Tracker).
- Intrusion Detection/Prevention Systems including TippingPoint.
- Strong expertise in networking and network security protocols including HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, FTP, Socks, PAC files, DNS, NTP, ANYCAST services, and others.
- Experience reporting, searching and or dashboarding data in Splunk.
- Use of firewall rule management tools including Firemon, Skybox or similar is highly desired.
- Advanced networking troubleshooting skills and incident triaging including taking and analyzing traffic packet captures, policy research, traffic logs and system log reviews.
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting and problem solving skills and ability to collaborate with other technical areas to define complex configuration designs.
- Experienced in Incident support, including managing high severity/urgent incidents, incident triaging with other network teams and vendors.
- Excellent customer facing communication skills for customer support and knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Must be able to communicate at different organizational levels including senior management to provide status updates, deliver requirements and report details at the correct level.
- Leadership skills during technical troubleshooting and incident triaging with strong analytical skills
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or equivalent preferred with at least 5+ years of proven experience in Network Security or CyberSecurity environments.
- Ability to manage and manipulate large data sets, databases, and reports with high attention to details and data accuracy.
- Experience with automation and scripting skills on Python or similar is a plus.
- Experience in Web Content filtering and Threat Prevention technologies such as Bluecoat Proxies, McAfee WebGateway proxies, F5 LTM, F5 SSLO, FireEye, Vontu, McAfee DLP, VMWare NSX defender or similar solutions is highly desired.
- Knowledge of web connectivity and proxying technologies, WCCP, explicit or transparent proxy, reverse proxy, is a plus.
- Experience with ITIL processes such as change management, request management and incident management.
- Knowledge of authentication protocols such as LDAP, IWA, IWA-direct, SSO, Active Directory.
- At least one professional level certification in Web Content filtering technologies, Network Security or Networks such as CCNA Security, CCNP, BCCPA, BCCPP, CISSP, CCSP, CEH, is desirable.
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role