At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Responsible for ensuring the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance and operational risks in FICC and related operations in alignment with the global compliance and operational policies and the program.
- Proactively engage with other C&OR officers, including horizontal coverage owners and Enterprise Areas of Coverage, to provide comprehensive oversight of Markets respective operations activities.
- Preparing materials for C&OR regulatory exams/audits/inquiries and provides consultation to business leaders in preparation for regulatory exams/audits/inquiries.
- Activities this role performs:
- Produces the development of independent risk management reporting for areas of coverage as input into country governance and management routines
- Provides regulators with output of coverage activities when requested
- Provides subject matter expertise to assist the business in establishing an annual learning plan; accountable for developing and delivering training content
- Develops and maintains C&OR-owned policies and standards and/or provides oversight of business-owned policies, standards and procedures to ensure regulatory and operational risk requirements are appropriately addressed inclusive of conduct risk as applicable
- Monitors the regulatory environment to identify regulatory changes applicable to areas of coverage, advises business leaders on those changes, directs the appropriate areas to implement or amend policies, standards, procedures and/or processes to address regulatory requirements, and challenges the implementation plan as needed; maintains a comprehensive regulatory inventory
- Min 3-5 years’ experience in financial services (involvement in Compliance, Operational Risk, COO preferred) or business (Institutional Global Markets) or regulatory background
- Exposure to compliance or risk management frameworks
- Understanding of FICC or other markets business
- Practical approach to problem solving
- Ability to work well in a team and also independently
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity and focused on continuous learning and skill development
- Ability to effectively engage with stakeholders at all levels of seniority
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be able to perform well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
Learn more about this role