At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
- Create, develop, and deliver communications that tell the bank’s story clearly and concisely.
- Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key media contacts in Australia, including reporters, editors, and influencers.
- Proactively identify media opportunities and manage media inquiries.
- Create and run internal communications campaigns that ensure teammates are informed, engaged, and aligned with the bank’s values and goals.
- Collaborate with various teams both locally and regionally on managing reputation and issues management
- Be a conduit between the Australia franchise and the bank globally, consulting with regional CMCA to ensure global alignment and to assist in locally delivery.
Attributes for Success:
- A natural storyteller who can easily communicate complex ideas.
- Able to build and nurture relationships within a multi-faceted organization and with a variety of external partners based on trust, teamwork, and knowledge.
- Experienced in navigating a matrixed organization with a view to delivering great communications outcomes.
- Understands complex issues and takes a considered, systematic, dispassionate approach when managing associated risks and seeking resolutions.
- Well-developed influencing, negotiation, and relationship building skills.
- This position requires 15+ years’ experience driving exceptional internal and external communications within a multinational financial services organization. Experience in Investment Banking and Global Markets communications preferred.
- Established relationships with Australia’s leading business media.
- Understanding of the complexities of a global universal bank and the competitive environment in which they operate.
- Ability to lead multiple projects at the same time.
- Consultative and collaborative approach to strategic planning and problem solving.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or communications focused disciple. Master’s degree is a plus.
Learn more about this role