At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Global Markets Credit (GMC) organization is responsible for credit underwriting, ongoing monitoring and portfolio management of Global Markets (GM) financing and traded products transactions. Based in Sydney, role is in GM Credit Asia, responsible for Credit underwriting and risk management of the securitized lending portfolio in Australia and New Zealand as undertaken in Specialty Finance / ABS business. GMC Specialty Finance/ ABS business focuses on non-recourse financing secured by Asset-backed security assets (consumer loans, credit card receivables, auto loans etc) and residential mortgage related assets.
- Credit underwriting, approval, monitoring, risk management of structured lending transactions backed by various asset classes including Credit Cards, Auto Loans, Residential Mortgages, Equipment Loans and Leases etc.
- Partner with the Origination team in preparation of underwriting materials, manage overall creation and submission of credit approval memo (CAM), approve CAMs and secure risk approvals.
- Due diligence of originators, sellers / servicers including reviewing their underwriting and servicing capabilities
- Ongoing monitoring of transactions including asset performance and aggregate portfolio surveillance data Development, implementation, and production of critical reporting
- Communication with senior business and risk management personnel on specific transactions and key market developments
- Developing, establishing, and maintaining credit policies/procedures and limit frameworks, including underwriting and portfolio guidelines
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- 8+ years Counterparty Credit experience covering securitized products and/ or warehouse lending. Structuring or origination experience in securitized products will be added advantage
- Strong credit risk analysis and conclusion-oriented analytical skills. Knowledge of products such as Intex/rating agency models or an understanding of internally developed cashflow models used to review securitization structures
- Master’s degree in finance, Business Administration or related fields. CFA/FRM or other professional qualification will be highly preferred
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication skills, with ability to communicate effectively with all levels of risk, support, and business partners
- Ability to establish partnerships across the organization (Trading, Sales, Risk and support partners) and build effective work groups, requiring strong influencing and negotiating skills
Learn more about this role