• Excellent communication, effective with peers and senior management
• Strength in identifying and implementing solutions for process improvement
• Proficient in the Law, Rule and Regulation (LRR) for APAC markets, especially on Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting (NFRR)
• Futures industry experience working for a FCM, Exchange, Clearing House or Regulator
• Experience using Sungard GMI system is preferred, as well as experience with derivative clearing middleware systems, Global Seals, ClearVision, Trade Clearing and Exchange Terminal
• Experience in EMEA / AMRS ETD markets will be an advantage
∙ Strives to bring new thoughts and ideas to teams in order to drive innovation and unique solutions
∙ Excels in working among diverse viewpoints to determine the best path forward
∙ Experience in connecting with a diverse set of clients to understand future business needs – is a continuous learner
∙ Commitment to challenging the status quo and promoting positive change.
∙ Participate in and drive collaborative efforts to advance tools, technology, and ways of working to better serve an evolving client base
∙ Believes in value of diversity so we can reflect, connect and meet the diverse needs of our clients and employees around the world
What you can expect
A role exists for a highly motivated, industry established, professional within the F&O and OTC Clearing Operations, who is looking to further expand an already successful career in the field of Futures & Options and OTC Clearing.
The department has a Market Operation which comprises of, Clearing, Deliveries, Regulatory / Exchange and Process Control, Strategy, Client Service and Documentation Teams. This structure is replicated regionally in Chicago and EMEA processing trading activity over 60+ Exchanges. As well as an established track record with regards to listed futures, the function is currently expanding its capabilities with regards to centrally cleared OTC products, i.e. Interest Rate and Credit Default Swaps.
What you will do
• Responsible for the clearing activities across APAC exchanges supported from Singapore Clearing team, which includes:
o Oversight of top day clearing activities
o Responsible for processing
o Act as escalation point for issues raised by the offshore clearing team
o Responsible for processing expiration of F&O contracts
o Manage regulatory reporting obligations with APAC exchanges
o Resolve trade breaks and allocations issues raised internally or by clients
• Continuous Improvement of the Operating Environment with regards to STP, risk and control
• Partners Closely with Technology, Operations Strategy & Front Office to drive change
• Ability to connect with other regions within Global Market Operations and Compliance to ensure consistent awareness of changing F&O and OTC Clearing Regulatory environment
About Bank of America
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 35 countries. In the U.S. alone, we serve almost all of the Fortune 500 companies and approximately 67 million consumer and small-business clients. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the world
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 19 cities in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region’s leading financial services companies.
Learn more about this role