At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for working full-time within a financial center to uncover the personal banking needs of both individual and small business clients, either by phone or in person, by offering appropriate financial solutions and services as well as connecting them to specialists. The Senior Banker will focus the majority of their time working with financial center teammates to deepen client relationships through platform services and supporting clients with self-service and transactional activities where needed. They report to the Financial Center Managers to ensure adherence to operational compliance policies and procedures. Senior Bankers work in assigned financial centers and partner closely with financial center employees as part of one team that delivers exceptional client care. The Senior Banker will not provide investment and liability management advice and solutions. They proactively connect with clients through outbound calls, and execute consistent follow-up routines to meet their needs. Employees in this role must have the ability to effectively balance financial center performance, operational risk, and client relationship care. This is a 40-hr work week position.
A Senior Banker (responsibilities):
• Establishes relationships with individual and small business clients
• Develops partnership routines to meet client needs and engages in conversation to create awareness with clients on all their financial needs
• Collaborates with partners in order to meet clients' financial needs
• Manages schedule to meet client demands
• Executes the bank's risk culture and strives for operational excellence
You’re a person who (required skills):
• Has a minimum of one year demonstrated sales experience in a relationship-oriented and client-centric environment. In lieu of this requirement, has previously held the role of Relationship Manager (RM), Advisor Development Program (ADP) RM, Credit Solutions Advisor (CSA I), or Relationship Manager Business Owner Specialist (RMBOS) at Bank of America for a minimum of six months.
•Is an enthusiastic, highly motivated self-starter with a strong work ethic and intense focus on results, acting in the best interest of the client.
• Collaborates effectively to get things done, building and nurturing strong relationships.
• Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience that improves our clients’ financial lives.
• Is confident in identifying solutions for helping new and existing clients based on their needs.
• Has strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Is able to communicate effectively and confidently, and is comfortable engaging all clients (in-person and by phone).
• Has the ability to learn and adapt to new information, technology platforms, handle ambiguity and adapt to changing circumstances.
• Applies strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to meet clients’ needs.
• Demonstrates effective time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Is a commissioned notary or can successfully obtain a notary commission in the state you work within four months of start date in role (six months for employees with a work location of NV, eight months for employees with a work location of CA, NY or PA).
• Can be flexible to work weekends and/or extended hours as needed.
You’ll be more prepared if you have (desired skills):
• An associate’s degree or bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or a related field.
• Experience working in a financial center where goals were met or exceeded.
• Retail and/or sales experience in a salary plus incentive environment.
• Experience working in an environment with individual and/or team goals where goals were routinely met or exceeded.
• Experience with financial information, spreadsheets and financial skills.
• Knowledge of banking products and services.
• Strong computer skills including MS applications and previous experience utilizing laptop technology.
Skills Used in this Role:
• Active Listening
• Business Acumen
• Client and Customer Focus
• Oral Communications
• Problem Solving
• Account Management
• Client Experience Branding
• Client Solution Advisory
• Business Development
• Pipeline Management
• Referral Identification
• Referral Management
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role