At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role is responsible for providing credit assistance and solutions to our clients. The role is performed in an operational environment (primarily call center or chat) and handles primarily outbound calls for a single product at any stage of delinquency or risk, including Pre-Charge Off and Recovery. The role leverages strong problem solving skills and executes through exceptional customer service and empathy while meeting both Bank of America and client needs. The role requires sound judgement and decision making.
• Reaches out to delinquent clients to secure payment and determines reason for delinquency on active or inactive loan, deposit and/or credit card accounts
• Negotiates repayment of outstanding debt that benefits both the client and lender in a positive and professional manner, leveraging tools and resources where applicable
• Determines the right solution for the client while staying within collections compliance guidelines
• Demonstrates empathy for the client’s situation using ethical behavior that is consistent with the bank’s code of conduct
• Achieves quality standards and meets key performance indicators
• Works an established list of accounts on an automated collections system, auto-dialer and/or manual calling and is responsible for the mitigation of losses
• At least 1 year of customer service experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work within the operating hours and days for this position as outlined in the posted job requisition
• Must have a commitment to exceptional customer service, including the ability to be empathetic and meet client needs
• Must be proficient in dealing with customers issues in both a routine and complex environment
• Must demonstrate negotiation and persuasion skills, and the ability to communicate and negotiate with a variety of customers and clients
• Must have the ability to navigate multiple computer systems while interacting with the customer, as well as the ability to think critically and use sound judgment in decision making
Proficient in Spanish - Successful completion of the language assessment
• College degree or commensurate work experience preferred
• Credit Assistance and collections experience
• Inbound/Outbound call center experience
• Banking/financial services experience
• Knowledge of banking operations
Skills Used in this Role:
• Customer Service
• Oral Communication
• Written Communication
• Active Listening
• Problem Solving
• Critical thinking
• Financial Math
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 12:00pm - 9:00pm (rotating Saturdays)
Shift:2nd shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:40
Learn more about this role