At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
The candidate will partner with key leaders in Core Technology Infrastructure (CTI) Engineering, and Technology Services roles to define objective reliability goals for the services they support, including observability designs specifying plans to gain operational visibility into meeting those goals through instrumentation and dashboards. The individual in this role will consistently look for opportunities to improve the reliability and efficiency of operating our services, spending a considerable portion of their time utilizing their engineering skills to find automation solutions to manual support activities, along with influencing a culture that drives innovation and continuous improvement.
This individual will be engaged in major production triage efforts and work with problem management in the identification of root cause of highly impactful or complex issues as required.
This individual will use the knowledge gained in those efforts to partner closely with software developers, production services, architects, and Infrastructure teams to drive delivery of sustainable and reusable design patterns supporting efficient production operation and to ensure non-functional production support requirements are adopted early in the application development lifecycle.
- Manage Identity Access management of Azure Subscriptions, Azure AD, Azure AD Application Proxy, Azure AD Connect, Azure AD Pass through Authentication
- Tennant level administration experience in a zero-trust framework
- Engage as a subject matter expert (SME) in major incident triage efforts, failure scenario modelling and work with the Problem Manager to diagnose root causes for complex/high impact major incident / problem management investigations.
- Collaborate with Development and Infrastructure teams to understand technical solutions and to develop Service Level Indicators (SLIs) and Service Level Objectives (SLOs) to measure and improve the reliability of the AD service.
- Develop software solutions and/or improved processes to address work identified as ‘toil’ by collaborating with key partners to identify, track and remediate these work processes to free up time to focus on reliability.
- Partner with infrastructure engineers and application development leads to suggest code optimizations and/or additional instrumentation and logging structures in the application or platforms to help gain visibility into the reliability of their applications and services.
- Assess monitoring for new changes with development partners and work with monitoring tools team to enhance application and system monitoring designs as well as monitoring dashboards for new projects and initiatives.
- Design solutions to visualize key production support metrics that enable both Operational Readiness and Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) teams to identify scenarios requiring intervention or opportunities to improve support efficiency and/or system reliability.
- Identify vulnerabilities and opportunities for reliability improvement, such as investigating low level error rates and 'noise' in monitoring and define solutions to reduce manual support effort and/or improve system reliability. Identify and plan for capacity and performance bottlenecks.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call coverage follow the sun model
- Minimum of five-years of in-depth, hands-on experience working with multiple AD domains and forests, cross-domain, and cross forest authentication
- Candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Azure AD Domain Services
- Experience on creating and updating the Various PowerShell Scripts for windows, Active Directory and Azure AD
- Experience working with SQL, SCVMM/Hyper-V, SCOM
- Effectively use AD support tools; DCDiag, Netdiag, Repadmin, DFRSdiag
- Understanding of DFS
- Background on Group Policy Objects and troubleshooting GPO issues
- PowerShell and/or VB Scripting automation to identify and resolve complex problems
- Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012, 2016 and higher
- Understanding of storage, networks, ADDNS
- Experience working in large scale enterprise environments with an understanding of ITIL process and function
- Proven experience in the role
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to document effectively
- Relevant training or certifications in site reliability engineering practices and tools.
- Hands-on experience supporting incident escalations and troubleshooting
- Documenting processes and related knowledge related to Active Directory
- Ability to evaluate incidents after resolution and conduct effective and in-depth postmortems
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week:
Learn more about this role