At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We’re devoted to being a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals with a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organization.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
This role requires a strong operational risk and compliance background, and understanding of AML requirements. Acts as an ambassador of the risk culture. Incumbents typically have a minimum of 3 years of quality assurance, compliance, audit, and/or business controls experience.
The candidate will collaborate with existing team members and parallel organizations to evaluate existing technology and design future enhancements. Main objectives of the team are to promote a strong Risk Culture, establish sound risk management processes to effectively identify, measure, monitor, and control risk, and ensure we have proper Risk Governance in place to communicate, escalate, and debate risks.
- Perform root cause analysis of operational events and challenge control weaknesses and breakdowns to properly assess risk disposition
- Perform trend analysis and horizontal impact assessments to determine themes and identify emerging risks
- Support LOB through routine exams with regulators and internal audit
- Implement process control improvements and leverage BAC Risk Framework to effectively manage LOB risk
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, influencing, and relationship management skills to bridge key stakeholders across Audit, Risk, RIGR and LOB SMEs
- Support Audit, Exam and/or Testing processes, ensure proper governance and protocol is followed; assist with preliminary research and response tracking
- Provide solutions to help with implementation of process improvements or remediation plans to drive efficiencies and demonstrate sustainability
- Coordinate and partner across other GB&GM support teams and stakeholders to ensure end-to-end process engagement and timely resolution of monitoring cases
- Be proactive in risk identification and mitigation through activity monitoring processes
- Working knowledge of Risk, Quality Control/Assurance Framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – ability to tailor messaging to senior management
- Able to understand, analyze, and explain complex workflows
- Self-Starter who can work independently with little guidance or direction
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while working in a flexible environment
- Attention to laws, rules & regulations
- High technical expertise in MS Office platforms
- Project Management skills and ability to manage various project timelines with multiple competing priorities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to read and understand complex matters, anticipate risks, and summarize key information
- Critical thinking skills to assess data, artifacts and new or unfamiliar business concepts to draw conclusions that are not readily apparent
- Strong research and analytical skills and attention to detail but in context with broader business landscape
- Ability to prioritize effectively, a self-starter, organized, capable of performing work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to interact with people in all levels of the organization and ability to organize data for executive level reportingStrong presentation skills and the ability to present key messages, effective recommendations, and information in a clear, concise, insightful and influential way
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present key messages, effective recommendations, and information in a clear, concise, insightful and influential way
Learn more about this role